[comp.sys.handhelds] hpread.c and slow PCs

mat431010110@stat.appstate.edu (09/13/90)

I recently have had access to ftp and have found all of the great 28s stuff at
gmuvax2.gmu.edu, funic.funet.fi, and among them was hpread.c, a program in C to
read the IR output of the 28 printer port on pin 15 of the PC's printer port.
I am using a dinosaur PC running at 4.77 DZ~?Mhz and haven't had any luck with
the program. Has anyone else had success with the hpread.c running at 4.77 Mhz,
or luck running it at all.

pashdown@shotput.es.com@bambam.UUCP (Pete Ashdown) (09/18/90)

mat431010110@stat.appstate.edu writes:

>I recently have had access to ftp and have found all of the great 28s stuff at
>gmuvax2.gmu.edu, funic.funet.fi, and among them was hpread.c, a program in C to
>read the IR output of the 28 printer port on pin 15 of the PC's printer port.
>I am using a dinosaur PC running at 4.77 DZ~?Mhz and haven't had any luck with
>the program. Has anyone else had success with the hpread.c running at 4.77 Mhz,
>or luck running it at all.

I used it on a 10 mhz AT, and a Turbo XT (8 mhz) with no problems at all.
By the way, I have no further use for my IR receiver, so if you or anyone
else is interested in purchasing it, I'll part with it for about $10 + $1
shipping.  Give me a ring:  801-292-1650.

--
"Mario was standing there stark naked and drunk.  He had been fighting with
Princess again. ''Where the hell have you hidden the shrooms??'' he screamed."