[comp.sys.handhelds] Info on CHIP-8 Interpreter!

cloos@acsu.buffalo.edu (james cloos) (09/18/90)

I have found out why my version A 48 had the screen offset problem that has
been mentioned by a few other posters!

I removed my EQlib card, all backup objects & other libs from PORT0, and
it worked perfectly!

I would seem that having objects stored in PORT0 and/or ROM cards plugged in
prevents CHIP from running properly.  I don't yet own a RAM card, so I could
not see if that also caused the offset problem.

BTW, is there any instruction that when passed tothe interpreter will exit
w/o the leaving the address on the stack?

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.		Phone:  +1 716 673-1250
cloos@acsu.buffalo.edu		Snail:  PersonalZipCode:  14048-0772, USA

lishka@uwslh.slh.wisc.edu (a.k.a. Chri) (09/20/90)

cloos@acsu.buffalo.edu (james cloos) writes:
>I have found out why my version A 48 had the screen offset problem that has
>been mentioned by a few other posters!

>I removed my EQlib card, all backup objects & other libs from PORT0, and
>it worked perfectly!

>I would seem that having objects stored in PORT0 and/or ROM cards plugged in
>prevents CHIP from running properly.  I don't yet own a RAM card, so I could
>not see if that also caused the offset problem.

Actually, I think the cause of CHIP48's screen offset problems are
libraries of any form.  I run my hp48 with a software library (of my
own creation), and I have experienced the same screen offset bug.
When I remove the software library lock, stock, and barrel (i.e.
DETACH and PURGE!), the offset problem goes away.  (BTW, my hp48 is a
ROM revision A machine).

I do not think objects stored in PORT0 are the problem.  I have several
small objects in my PORT0, and they do not affect the running of the
CHIP48 interpreter.

In the end, the cause of the problem is that CHIP48 does not recognize
that the hp48 screen is not in a fixed area.  I believe that this is
being fixed by the author.

					.oO Chris Oo.

--
Christopher Lishka 608-262-4485  "Dad, don't give in to mob mentality!"
Wisconsin State Lab. of Hygiene                                -- Bart Simpson