[comp.sys.handhelds] HP-48 - How much???

e87gs@efd.lth.se (Goeran Svensson) (09/18/90)

Hi!

How much does a HP-48 cost in the states?

A friend of mine is going to New York in a couple of days, and I'm
going to ask him to buy me one.
In Sweden you have to pay about 500$, and I hope they are cheaper over there.

Do they sell the 48 in the tax-free shops at the airports? Does anyone
know the price in that case?

My friend leaves on thursday so E-mail your answers to me soon!

Thanks!
Goeran Svensson               | Lund Institute of Technology  | God
created machine
Kiliansgatan 10                  | EMAIL: e87gs@efd.lth.se         | language.
S-22350 Lund, SWEDEN  | PHONE: +46 46 126523               | Man did the
rest!

6600kntp@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Kent Perrier) (09/19/90)

In article <1990Sep18.161137.20808@lth.se> e87gs@efd.lth.se (Goeran Svensson) writes:

>Hi!

>How much does a HP-48 cost in the states?

>A friend of mine is going to New York in a couple of days, and I'm
>going to ask him to buy me one.
>In Sweden you have to pay about 500$, and I hope they are cheaper over there.

>Do they sell the 48 in the tax-free shops at the airports? Does anyone
>know the price in that case?

>My friend leaves on thursday so E-mail you

>Thanks!
>Goeran Svensson               | Lund Institute of Technology  | God
>created machine
>Kiliansgatan 10                  | EMAIL: e87gs@efd.lth.se         | language.
>S-22350 Lund, SWEDEN  | PHONE: +46 46 126523               | Man did the
>rest! ====
My 48 cost me $290.  I got it in a department-type discount store.  List price
is $350(that is what is in the ads).  I think I got a pretty good deal on mine.

Kent Perrier                             University of California
6600kntp@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu                      Santa Barbara
        @ucsbuxa.BITNET

akcs.azz710@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Jeffrey R. Broido) (09/20/90)

I got mine in New York City at "47th Street Photo."  They have three
stores in the city, two small ones (on 47th street in midtown and Nassau
Street downtown in the Wall Street area) and a large one on 45th street.
I paid $269 plus 8% sales tax for mine at the 45th street store (I
believe it's between 5th and 6th avenues).  Good luck!  Jeff Broido,
USA code+(201) 455-0362.

peter@hpqtdla.HP.COM (Peter Locke) (09/21/90)

>Do they sell the 48 in the tax-free shops at the airports? Does anyone
>know the price in that case?

I can't speak for the US airports, but Amsterdam SCHIPOL airport does
sell them. I'm afraid I don't remember the price too clearly, I think
it was about 250 pounds sterling.

Anybody travelling through Amsterdam care to check out the price and
post it ?

Cheers
  Peter Locke                             UX-mail : peter@hpqtdla
  Hewlett-Packard Ltd.,                   HPDESK  : Peter LOCKE/HP1400/B1
  Queensferry Telecom Division            Voice   : (01 44) 31 331 7571
  South Queensferry
  Scotland

d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (09/23/90)

About HP48 prices at airports. I went through Kastrup this summer, the
airport in Copenhagen, Denmark. And I can say so much: DO NOT BUY IT
It costs 350-400 pounds sterling there!

Ron Birk, d89-rbi@nada.kth.se

flinton@eagle.wesleyan.edu (09/26/90)

In article <1990Sep23.153522.12461@nada.kth.se>, d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:

> About HP48 prices at airports. I went through Kastrup this summer ...
> It costs 350-400 pounds sterling there!

In Singapore's Changi AP it was just under $400 earlier this month, i.e.,
still a good hundred bucks higher than our beloved mail-order discounters.

-- Fred 	<FLinton@eagle.Wesleyan.EDU>