[comp.sys.handhelds] hp48 commands -hp28 commands

admerlev@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Arnd Merlevede) (09/26/90)

could please anybody tell me what these hp48 commands do:
\178  ,  \v/  ,  \.d  ,  !  ,  obj->
thanx a lot

edp@ipl31.enet.dec.com (Eric Postpischil (Always mount a scratch monkey.)) (09/26/90)

In article <admerlev.654317683@faui09>,
admerlev@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Arnd Merlevede) writes:

>could please anybody tell me what these hp48 commands do:
>\178  ,  \v/  ,  \.d    !  ,  obj->

The sequences beginning with "\" are translated by the calculator while
transferring data from a computer (or whatever's on the other end of the serial
connect) to the calculator.  \178 is ASCII character 178.  \v/ is the
calculator's square root sign.  \.d is the delta (for differentiation).

"!" is just the new name for "FACT".  FACT(6) on the HP-28 is 6! on the 48.
OBJ-> is a combination of STR->, ARRY->, LIST->, et cetera -- it takes whatever
object you give it and takes it apart in some way.

				-- edp