[comp.sys.handhelds] Need gizmo with lots of alarms

brandonl@gold.GVG.TEK.COM (Brandon Lovested) (09/26/90)

In article <1990Sep25.162439.2266@tandem.com> goodill_eric@tandem.com (Eric Goodill) writes:
>Hi,
>
>It'd be nice to find something
>that has 14 alarms each of which can be set for its own day of the week.
>
>This thing would be dead simple to build if I had the time, but alas.
>Anybody know of a commercial unit that fits the bill?

The Sharp OZ-7000 "WIZARD" sounds like the closest thing to what you need.
I am not aware of how many alarms it can be programmed to use, but it does
have the capability to set daily and weekly alarms.  I'd love to have this,
too.  It is available for $250, though I have seen it for $199 (Circuit City).

Beware, there is an anticipated OZ-8000 around the corner.

Of all those little gadgets, this one has the _audible_alarm_.  Beep.

BRANDON G. LOVESTED        ::::=:::==::===:====   FOR EVERY VISION,
Software Design Engineer   ::::=:::==::===:====   THERE IS AN
Grass Valley Group         ::::=:::==::===:====   EQUAL AND OPPOSITE
brandonl@gold.gvg.tek.com  ::::=:::==::===:====   REVISION.

rodmur@csuchico.edu (D.A. Harris) (09/26/90)

In article <1493@gold.GVG.TEK.COM> brandonl@gold.GVG.TEK.COM (Brandon Lovested) writes:
>In article <1990Sep25.162439.2266@tandem.com> goodill_eric@tandem.com (Eric Goodill) writes:
>>Hi,
>>
>>It'd be nice to find something
>>that has 14 alarms each of which can be set for its own day of the week.
>>
>>This thing would be dead simple to build if I had the time, but alas.
>>Anybody know of a commercial unit that fits the bill?
>
>The Sharp OZ-7000 "WIZARD" sounds like the closest thing to what you need.

Couldn't this be done on the 48sx (no I don't have one (yet)).

Dale A. Harris          Chaotically Yours,
rodmur@ecst.csuchico.edu  __     __   _    ,
{Internet}               /  )   /  ) ' )  /
                        /  /   /--/   /--/
Logic is mathematics without content.

prestonb@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Preston Brown) (09/26/90)

>It'd be nice to find something
>that has 14 alarms each of which can be set for its own day of the week.

The HP 48SX can hold many (hundreds) of alarms.  Repeat intervals can
be set to seconds, min, days or weeks.  The 48 may not be the easiest
product for just this application but with a little learning it is
certainly the most capable.

Preston