[comp.sys.handhelds] 28 -> 48 I/O

ryoder@ecn.purdue.edu (Robert W Yoder) (10/06/90)

OK, I made the leap from the 28 to the 48.

Now, can someone tell me how to do the transfers from the 28 to the 48?

I expected to find the answer in the manuals, but so far, no luck.

I really don't care to enter 20K of programs by hand.

--
Robert Yoder  306 Hawkins Graduate House, West Lafayette, IN 47906 (317)495-6845
Internet: ryoder@ecn.purdue.edu           "Flame all you want, We'll post more."

dove@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Ray Rischpater) (10/07/90)

In article <1990Oct6.044544.8237@ecn.purdue.edu> ryoder@ecn.purdue.edu (Robert W Yoder) writes:
>Now, can someone tell me how to do the transfers from the 28 to the 48?

You need a program called inprt which is available via anonymous ftp from
sites such as gmuvax2.gmu.edu.  It's also available on disk if you buy the
serial cable.

The catch is, it's an ML-library.  There's no way to just key it in, unless
HP would give us permission to hexify it using the previously posted hexify
stuff.  I'd be glad to do it, but I don't want to make the powers that be angry.

Comments?  Does anybody at HP want to give me the go-ahead?

Incidentally, it works very nicely.  I zapped all my phone numbers over in
around thirty seconds -- much nicer than typing them.  It's a good application
 -- I can see great uses for it in terms of transfering field data, and so on.
I have yet to find another student at UCSC with a 48 (someone living near
me is getting one soon, though) to try the kermit IR I/O.

--
--     dove@ucscg.ucsc.edu  		  Ray Rischpater
--     dove@ucscb.ucsc.edu		  (408) 426-0716