[comp.sys.handhelds] Transfer HP28-- Hp48sx

rodatz@cat.uucp (Christoph Rodatz) (10/13/90)

Hi,
I don't now if anybody ever asked this question. If yes sorry for asking
again.
I just want to know if there is a possibility to transfer from the Hp 28 to
the Hp48sx. My friend and I tried, but it didn't work.

Thanks Chris

---
  Christoph Rodatz (rodatz@cat.de)
  C.A.T. Kommunikations-System, Frankfurt

neil@kcl-cs.UUCP (Neil Faulks) (10/16/90)

In article <1990Oct12.224615.14480@cat.uucp> rodatz@cat.uucp (Christoph Rodatz) writes:
>I just want to know if there is a possibility to transfer from the Hp 28 to
>the Hp48sx. My friend and I tried, but it didn't work.
>Thanks Chris

I have managed to transfer a lot of data from my 28S to my 48SX. If you
fold the 28 case back on itself and put both machines on a flat surface then
the leds are about the right height. The calcs need to be almost touching.
The instructions I got with INPRT tell you to how to align them, something
like the 28 led points between the ET of HEWLETT on 48.
You can speed up transfer by setting the fast printing flag on the 28.
Obviously the data sent by the 28 may not be in a useful format for the 48
if you just use the PR1 command. I am working on some s/w that sends whole
directory objects it works but...

I have a problem with the INPRT program timing out if the 28 takes too
long to build the object to send. What I need is an INPRT program with a
selectable timeout period. e.g. up to 2-3mins. Can anyone help?

akcs.michaelv@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Michael VanLoon) (10/18/90)

Chris, try reading messages #887 & 888 (and a few further back) in this
conference.  They should provide you with what you need.

Michael V