[comp.sys.handhelds] Battery problem in 48SX

flinton@eagle.wesleyan.edu (10/25/90)

In article <1990Oct19.190357.22559@cbnewsl.att.com>, ds@dodger.ATT.COM (Doug Sturim,1A-138,2034425999,TRW) writes:
> I too am having a battery drain problem on my rom A HP48.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but the OEM batteries in my HP28S (first production
run, distributed at a special AMS dinner a few Januaries ago) are _still_ good!
(But for how much longer, I wonder?  And what will I do if I discover the new
replacements are too small?)
				-- Fred

jpser@cup.portal.com (John Paul Serafin) (10/26/90)

The original batteries in my HP48 (week code 3006) lasted about 6 months
with moderate use, a daily alarm, and occasional kermit.
My HP28 batteries seem to last a couple of years (smaller display, no
rs232, no IR input, slower clock, etc.)
.
One thing to watch for is shorts or high leakages in memory modules.
A CMT 32k module for the HP71 developed a short after doing fine for
years.
John Serafin
jpser@cup.portal.com