[comp.sys.handhelds] Questions about HP48SX Products

alexw@colonel.intel.com (Alex Witkowski) (10/26/90)

I just bought my HP48SX a week ago and now there is a lot of peripherals
and reference books that I am eyeing.  Below are some questions that I
have not seen answered on the c.s.h.

Is the Programmer's Reference Manual (By HP) available ?  If so, does
anyone have comments about it.

Also, the comments about the HP41CV emulator card in the EDUCALC catalog
confused me.  Does it translate input via IF directly to HP48SX language ?
Does that mean that you cannot input HP41CV programs from the keyboard ?
Any comments on this product ?

Has anyone used the new EE Applications and Reference Cards from Sparcom ?
I noticed the Educalc catalog stated that they are designed for undergraduate
use.  Are they just academic "toys" or are they really useful tools ?

When I received my HP48SX a week ago, it came with the zipper case.  Does
anyone know where I could get a velcro flip top style case for it.  I think
I would like that better.  Is there a consensus on this or do others like
the zipper style ?

Anyone have any comments on the printer ?

Please post to c.s.h. or reply via e-mail.

Alex

kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) (10/26/90)

In article <613@inews.intel.com> alexw@colonel.intel.com (Alex Witkowski) writes:
>When I received my HP48SX a week ago, it came with the zipper case.  Does
>anyone know where I could get a velcro flip top style case for it.

Sorry about the wasted bandwidth, but my provate mail kept bouncing.

Alex,  I have a flap case and would rather have a zipper case.  Would you like
to trade.  Respond via Email if you can.

Michael

Michael L. Kaufman    || That's why adults always ask children what they want to
kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu  || be when they grow up; they're looking for ideas.

jpser@cup.portal.com (John Paul Serafin) (10/27/90)

My mail to alexw@colonel.intel.com about the programmer's reference
manual also bounced.