[comp.sys.handhelds] Equation Library objects

edp@jareth.enet.dec.com (Eric Postpischil (Always mount a scratch monkey.)) (10/31/90)

I just got the equation library.  Objects 266 and 267 are unnamed.  One is
automatically attached to the HOME directory and one is not, so there must be
some purpose to attaching these things, yes?  Could somebody tell me what it is?
And what is the purpose of objects 266 and 267?

				-- edp

dove@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Ray Rischpater) (11/01/90)

In article <16856@shlump.nac.dec.com> edp@jareth.enet.dec.com (Eric Postpischil (Always mount a scratch monkey.)) writes:
>I just got the equation library.  Objects 266 and 267 are unnamed.  One is
>automatically attached to the HOME directory and one is not, so there must be
>some purpose to attaching these things, yes? Could somebody tell me what it is?
>And what is the purpose of objects 266 and 267?
>				-- edp

According to my manual (1st Ed., Feb 1990), they're as follows:
	EQLIB		273
	PRTBL		272
	COLIB		271
	FIN		270
	MES		269
	UTILS		268
	(Eq Reference)	267
	(Catalog util)	266

(Appendix C, p. 213)

I spent a little time trying to find a way to access the two libraries
266 and 267 when I first got my card via normal methods -- they're pretty
much invulnerable to RCL and such.  I never got around to trying a PEEK
of any sort.

I wish I could play with the Catalog utility directly (ROMID 266): I think
it might make some of my own development easier...

--
--     dove@ucscg.ucsc.edu  		  Ray Rischpater
--     dove@ucscb.ucsc.edu		  (408) 426-0716

akcs.michaelv@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Michael VanLoon) (11/01/90)

Eric, I don't remember where I saw it in the EQ manual, but I do remember
seeing somewhere a list of what all the objects were.  Basically, if I
remember right, those two are just sort of maintenence/utility functions
to make the EQ card operate.  Maybe batches of subroutines or
constants...  Take a careful look thru the manual and see what you can
find.

)> Michael VanLoon--Iowa State University of Science and Technology <(
)>  Bitnet: "TNCU2@ISUVAX"     Internet: "TNCU2@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU"  <(
)>          Hewlett-Packard, Macintosh, and Jazz forever!           <(
)>   "My hair has a mind of it's own.  Sometimes I let it drive."   <(
)>                                            --Steven Wright       <(