[comp.sys.handhelds] HP-48SX by FTP

fred@panther.mbir.bcm.tmc.edu (Fred Ledley) (11/01/90)

I realize this is a F.A.Q., but I have missed any lists
of where to find HP-48SX programs by anonymous FTP.  If somebody
could post this information, I would be grateful.

Thanks

R. Mark Adams
Baylor College of Medicine
Department of Cell Biology
fred@mbir.bcm.tmc.edu

lsh1@ra.MsState.Edu (Shane Hebert) (11/01/90)

In <2483@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> fred@panther.mbir.bcm.tmc.edu (Fred Ledley) writes:

>I realize this is a F.A.Q., but I have missed any lists
>of where to find HP-48SX programs by anonymous FTP.  If somebody
>could post this information, I would be grateful.

>Thanks

>R. Mark Adams
>Baylor College of Medicine
>Department of Cell Biology
>fred@mbir.bcm.tmc.edu

I would like to see this information also...

Thanks.

Shane Hebert
lsh1@ra.msstate.edu

hp48sx@wuarchive.wustl.edu (HP48SX Archive Maintainer) (11/02/90)

There are at least two ftp-sites carrying hp48sx stuff.
The one is maintained by me, and this is:
wuarchive.wustl.edu 128.252.135.4

There is also a site in Finland, and this is
funic.funet.fi 128.214.6.100  (also called nic.funet.fi)
This is transatlantic ftp, using a 56Kbit/sec. line, so please
keep the traffic down, or use it in the evening.

The  last one is at Hewlett-Packard, and it is
hpcvbbs.cv.hp.com 15.255.72.16
They do not have very much in their ftp-archives, but if
you can use telnet, then you can log onto the HP-BBS, and
get in contact with oall the people using modems. There is
problems downloading from this site to another telnet site,
as telnet does not support any file transfer protocol like
Kermit or Zmodem. But if you as the sysop, then he can move
files to the ftp-directory.

BTW: During october there was downloaded 6379 files, giving a total
of 78958213 bytes. This is a total of 2.32% of all files downloaded,
equal to 0.30% of thew bytes downloaded. There is only 3 archive areas
with more downloaded files, and this is msdos with 39.22%, gif 26.61%
and info-mac with 3.55%.

Both msdos and info-mac are mirrors of archives also existing elsewhere.
The above figures are for wuarchive, and does not include files
downloaded to sites who NSF-mount the archives.

Povl H. Pedersen             hp48sx@wuarchive.wustl.edu
HP48sx archive maintainer