[comp.sys.handhelds] Control Systems Design Tools

silent@watale.uwaterloo.ca (Peter Hansen and David Woodcock) (10/20/90)

My question for the Net is:  has anyone out there had the gumption
and patience to create any design tool(s) of the sort that would
be of use to somebody studying and designing digital and analogue
controllers?  More specifically, programs to convert to and from the
Laplace and Z domains; programs to plot Root-Loci, Poles-and-Zeros,
Time Responses, or Bode/Phase and Nyquist plots; programs to calculate
the coefficients of various filters; anything perhaps less sophisticated
but related to these?

A few of these tools I do not intend to be without for very long but
I would really love to spend my time more efficiently than in reinventing
and coding the wheel.

--
Peter Hansen, Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo
silent@watale.uwaterloo.edu

akcs.waltersj@hpcvbbs.UUCP (James B. Walters) (10/31/90)

I have a number of routines available, including
1. Bode Plot
2. Optimal Pole Assignment for Linear, Time-Invarient Systems
3. Hamiltonian Matrix
4. Working on sensitivity routines.
5. Working on time response.
6. Working on non-linear optimal control solutions.

In order to facilitate timely solutions, does anyone know how to speed
up the HP-48SX. I know it can be done on the HP-28S.

James Walters
Evenings 619-375-4465

wscott@ecn.purdue.edu (Wayne H Scott) (10/31/90)

In article <272dac54-3c1.1comp.sys.handhelds-1@hpcvbbs.UUCP> akcs.waltersj@hpcvbbs.UUCP (James B. Walters) writes:
>I have a number of routines available, including
>1. Bode Plot
>2. Optimal Pole Assignment for Linear, Time-Invarient Systems
>3. Hamiltonian Matrix
>4. Working on sensitivity routines.
>5. Working on time response.
>6. Working on non-linear optimal control solutions.
>
>In order to facilitate timely solutions, does anyone know how to speed
>up the HP-48SX. I know it can be done on the HP-28S.
>
>James Walters
>Evenings 619-375-4465

Please share these programs with the rest of us.
I personally am interested in 2-6 above.

Wayne Scott             |  INTERNET:   wscott@ecn.purdue.edu
Electrical Engineering  |  BITNET:     wscott%ecn.purdue.edu@purccvm
Purdue University       |  UUCP:      {purdue, pur-ee}!ecn.purdue.edu!wscott

gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (11/02/90)

In article <272dac54-3c1.1comp.sys.handhelds-1@hpcvbbs.UUCP> akcs.waltersj@hpcvbbs.UUCP (James B. Walters) writes:
>I have a number of routines available, including
>1. Bode Plot
>2. Optimal Pole Assignment for Linear, Time-Invarient Systems
>3. Hamiltonian Matrix
>4. Working on sensitivity routines.
>5. Working on time response.
>6. Working on non-linear optimal control solutions.

Is the bode program that you have allow you to plot w (rad/s) in
a LOG scale? This would allow conventional "straight" line bode
graphs to be plotted (Used in circuit analaysis classes).. The
one I have only does non-log w scale... The vertical scale
(Magnitude or Phase) can be in LOG or normal scale but the
horizontal axis (w) can't be changed...

Could you please post your programs to the net? Thanks

George
PS I tried emailing your address but it bounced.
--
George Wang
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

rohan@harpo.cs.su.OZ.AU (Rohan William Lloyd) (11/05/90)

   ] I have a number of routines available, including
   ] 1. Bode Plot
   ] 2. Optimal Pole Assignment for Linear, Time-Invarient Systems
   ] 3. Hamiltonian Matrix
   ] 4. Working on sensitivity routines.
   ] 5. Working on time response.
   ] 6. Working on non-linear optimal control solutions.

   ] James Walters

I would be very interested in all of the above routines.

Could you please post these or email them.

					Rohan Lloyd
					rohan@basser.cs.su.oz

ap88431@tut.fi (Porma Asmo Ari Juhani) (11/07/90)

On 5 Nov 90 04:53:19 GMT,
rohan@harpo.cs.su.OZ.AU (Rohan William Lloyd) said:

   ] I have a number of routines available, including
   ] 1. Bode Plot
   ] 2. Optimal Pole Assignment for Linear, Time-Invarient Systems
   ] 3. Hamiltonian Matrix
   ] 4. Working on sensitivity routines.
   ] 5. Working on time response.
   ] 6. Working on non-linear optimal control solutions.

   ] James Walters

Rohan> I would be very interested in all of the above routines.

Rohan> Could you please post these or email them.

Rohan> 					Rohan Lloyd
Rohan> 					rohan@basser.cs.su.oz

I am also intrested in them and I think there are many others, too.
SO IT WOULD WISE IF YOU POST THEM...IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE THEM??

/ap

--
     // Asmo Porma  (OH3MWG)      Tampere University
    // Keskisenkatu 6 L 69        of Technology