[comp.sys.handhelds] HP solve equation library

nelson@ (Matt Nelson) (11/01/90)

  i just got my free Solve Equation Library card... doesnt look like i will
need to carry around a periodic table or table of physical constants anymore.
  i noticed one interesting thing while browsing through the PICs which
accompany the equations.  take a look at the PIC for Oscillations/Mass-Spring
system equation.  you get a picture of the block-on-a-frictionless-surface
attached to a spring, and it is ANIMATED.  anyone else notice this?  any
other little unexpected goodies in there?

lsh1@ra.MsState.Edu (Shane Hebert) (11/01/90)

In <272EFD9B.1335@orion.oac.uci.edu> nelson@ (Matt Nelson) writes:

>  i just got my free Solve Equation Library card... doesnt look like i will
>need to carry around a periodic table or table of physical constants anymore.
>  i noticed one interesting thing while browsing through the PICs which
>accompany the equations.  take a look at the PIC for Oscillations/Mass-Spring
>system equation.  you get a picture of the block-on-a-frictionless-surface
>attached to a spring, and it is ANIMATED.  anyone else notice this?  any
>other little unexpected goodies in there?

I got mine in two days ago too.  I like it also.  I haven't found any more
animated pics yet but I think I have looked at them all.  Did you notice that
you can graph the densities, atomic weights, etc from the periodic chart?

Shane Hebert
lsh1@ra.msstate.edu

d89-rbi@alv.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (11/03/90)

maybe someone could explain to me what all this FREE equation
library is all about? I never heard anthing about it.

Ron Birk, d89-rbi@nada.kth.se

minor@motcid.UUCP (Kevin E. Minor (+1 708 632 7043)) (11/06/90)

d89-rbi@alv.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:

|>maybe someone could explain to me what all this FREE equation
|>library is all about? I never heard anthing about it.

You must be talking about HP fall promotion for the HP48.
They were giving away the equation card with the purchase of a
HP48. Of course that ended 10/15 and I ended up needing to buy a calc
(HP48) after that date. That really makes me mad - I could really have
used that card...

Oh well, what can ya do...

(Unless there is someone out there who can't seem to stand their
(free) card and wouldn't mind parting with it for a nominal price. :-)  )

Kevin
--
	/-------------------------------------------------------\
	|	Kevin Minor	...uunet!motcid!minor		|

ryoder@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Robert W Yoder) (11/07/90)

In article <1990Nov7.141714.17675@cs.utk.edu>, earlhart@cetus4f.cs.utk.edu (Earl Hartsell) writes:

> |> (Unless there is someone out there who can't seem to stand their
> |> (free) card and wouldn't mind parting with it for a nominal price. :-)  )
> |>

> |> Kevin
> |> --
> |> 	/-------------------------------------------------------\
> |> 	|	Kevin Minor	...uunet!motcid!minor		|
> |> 	\-------------------------------------------------------/
>
> If I recall correctly the list for a equation library as quoted to me at
> university book store is $10.

If you will be kind enough to give us the address and phone number of this
bookstore, I assure you we will deluge them with orders!

--
Robert Yoder  306 Hawkins Graduate House, West Lafayette, IN 47906 (317)495-6845
Internet: ryoder@ecn.purdue.edu    "It's 10 o'clock.

earlhart@hydra2c.cs.utk.edu (Earl Hartsell) (11/08/90)

|> |> 	|	Kevin Minor	...uunet!motcid!minor		|

|> If I recall correctly the list for a equation library as quoted to me at
|> university book store is $10.

I'm sure if you all check your local dealer or university book store.
They will help you in a similar manner. The previous article on the subject was
posted as informational only, and I did not intend to (and cannot) become involved in obtaining a equation library in any way.  I regret any misunder standing that has come from that posting.

 |             Earl W. Hartsell 'The Duke of Earl'          |
 |                    earlhart@cs.utk.edu                   |
 |                   hartsell@utkvx.utk.edu                 |

bson@rice-chex.ai.mit.edu (Jan Brittenson) (11/08/90)

In article <5075@opal18.UUCP>
   minor@motcid.UUCP (Kevin E. Minor (+1 708 632 7043)) writes:

>d89-rbi@alv.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:
>
>|>maybe someone could explain to me what all this FREE equation
>|>library is all about? I never heard anthing about it.
>
>You must be talking about HP fall promotion for the HP48.

A promo local to the US, one might add.

minor@motcid.UUCP (Kevin E. Minor (+1 708 632 7043)) (11/08/90)

earlhart@hydra2c.cs.utk.edu (Earl Hartsell) writes:

|>I'm sure if you all check your local dealer or university book store.
|>They will help you in a similar manner. The previous article on the subject

|>was posted as informational only, and I did not intend to (and cannot)
|>become involved in obtaining a equation library in any way.  I regret any
|>misunder standing that has come from that posting.

I was under the impression this was a $100 value.
Either we aren't talking about the same thing or you should just post
the address & number of the store...
I'm sure one of us have the wrong price... I hope it's me.... :-)

--

b3300876@rick.cs.ubc.ca (george kai yee chow) (11/09/90)

In article <11750@life.ai.mit.edu> bson@rice-chex.ai.mit.edu (Jan Brittenson) writes:
>In article <5075@opal18.UUCP>
>   minor@motcid.UUCP (Kevin E. Minor (+1 708 632 7043)) writes:

>>You must be talking about HP fall promotion for the HP48.
>
>A promo local to the US, one might add.

Nope. Canada also had it.