[comp.sys.handhelds] Tetris--need help {up,down}loading..

bostrov@prism.cs.orst.edu (Vareck Bostrom) (11/10/90)

Ok.. I have TETRAS from a friend who says that its roots can
be traced back to HP...  It is in M-L and it is very fast...
(obviously)... at its highest setting, there is little more
than a blue streak on the screen... it is very small too,
only 1880 bytes!

Now the catch: I need to know how to {up,down}load programs
to the 48..  The setup I am using is this:
an IBM80386 running System V  (just got procomm for it if that
matters) that is a UUCP site, and I have the cable.
The problem is: I need a _working_ copy of asc-> and ->asc,
I need to know how to set it up to translate the "\v/" type of
character sets, and (for a friend) I need to know how to add
all the ^M's neccessary for dos machines...

It seems that the ASC-> programs that were posted a while back
would not work for anyone, so if anyone has a copy that would
work... I realise that this may seem trivial to some, so if it
is, _please_ send me any info that you can possibly send...

(btw, it _is_ spelled TETRAS -- aparently the person who wrote
it wanted it that way...)

Any help would be apreciated...

-- Chris Maksymiak
-- maksymc@jacobs.cs.orst.edu

If the person who wrote the TETRAS program is out there, I would
like to know more about the numerical argument you give tetras.
it seem as though it is the level number, but it will mess up at
a certain value...  Then again I could just dissassemble it myself.
:)

khbsnsr@nmt.edu (Kenneth Brunell) (11/10/90)

In article <21687@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> maksymc@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Chris Maksymiak) writes:
>Ok.. I have TETRAS from a friend who says that its roots can
>be traced back to HP...  It is in M-L and it is very fast...
>(obviously)... at its highest setting, there is little more
>than a blue streak on the screen... it is very small too,
>only 1880 bytes!
>  [. . .]
>(btw, it _is_ spelled TETRAS -- aparently the person who wrote
>it wanted it that way...)
> [. . .]
>-- Chris Maksymiak
>-- maksymc@jacobs.cs.orst.edu
>
>:)

WOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hold it!  ML Tetris???  Please, please, please, could you
or someone send me a copy of it?  I haven't seen this.  You could send it
in ->ASC format (I could also send you a copy of ->ASC/ASC-> if you still
need them), or upload it in BINARY and UUENCODE it.  Please, this sounds
wonderful!!!!!!

-Ken
|  _   ,                __                     _  _  |  "It's green . . ."    |
| ' ) /                /  )                   // //  |       Mr. Scott        |
|  /-<   _  ____      /--<  __  . . ____  _  // //   |                        |
| /   ) </_/ / <_    /___/_/ (_(_/_/ / <_</_</_</_   |   Loooove that .sig    |
|          <khbsnsr@jupiter.nmt.edu>                 |                        |

APPLEREP@MTUS5.BITNET (11/11/90)

(Machine Language Tetris?!?!?!?!?!)

Could you send me a copy also, with some basic instructions on how to
decode it (if neccessary)?  I have a Mac and cable set-up and waiting....

Tom Amberg
Internet:  APPLEREP@MTUS5.BITNET
Applelink:  ST0529

oscar@dobag.in-berlin.de (Carsten Tschach) (11/11/90)

bostrov@prism.cs.orst.edu (Vareck Bostrom) writes:

>Ok.. I have TETRAS from a friend who says that its roots can
>be traced back to HP...  It is in M-L and it is very fast...
>(obviously)... at its highest setting, there is little more
>than a blue streak on the screen... it is very small too,
>only 1880 bytes!

It sounds very good, from where did you receive this program ?  Is it
possible to send me a copy ?

Please reply to:  tschach@kristall.chemie.fu-berlin.dbp.de

Thanks, Carsten
--
     "Suddenly there comes a blinding flash....and then comes OSCAR !"

 INTERNET: tschach@kristall.chemie.fu-berlin.dbp.de
     UUCP: oscar@eismond.uucp    ...!unido!tmpmbx!einoed!eismond!oscar

davisp@skybridge.SCL.CWRU.Edu (Palmer Davis) (11/11/90)

In article <21687@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> maksymc@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Chris Maksymiak) writes:
>Ok.. I have TETRAS from a friend who says that its roots can
>be traced back to HP...  It is in M-L and it is very fast...
>(obviously)... at its highest setting, there is little more
>than a blue streak on the screen... it is very small too,
>only 1880 bytes!

Where'd you get this?  I haven't heard of any such thing before and haven't
seen it in any of the archives.  The closest thing I've seen is an RPL
Tetris that's somewhat slow.  Would you mind posting it?

-- PTD --
--
Palmer T. Davis                 |  davisp@scl.cwru.edu  -OR-  ptd2@po.cwru.edu
Case Western Reserve University | {att,sun,decvax,uunet}!cwjcc!skybridge!davisp

bostrov@storm.UUCP (Vareck Bostrom) (11/13/90)

In article <1990Nov11.093743.27396@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> davisp@skybridge.SCL.CWRU.Edu (Palmer Davis) writes:
>In article <21687@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> maksymc@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Chris Maksymiak) writes:
>
>Where'd you get this?  I haven't heard of any such thing before and haven't
>seen it in any of the archives.  The closest thing I've seen is an RPL
>Tetris that's somewhat slow.  Would you mind posting it?

He got it from an old calculus instructor from highschool (Mr. Drivas)
who got it from a friend who got it from a friend who got it from
HP (so chris tells me). As soon as we get together again we'll kermit
it from his hp48 to my UNIX machine, then onward to handhelds it
goes.

It is very fast. I have seen the RPL version, and it is a dog. The machine
language version is MUCH MUCH faster. We'll post it asap.

- Vareck Bostrom
(bostrov@mist.cs.orst.edu)