[comp.sys.handhelds] Seeking reliable mail order for 48sx items

gvokalek@augean.ua.OZ.AU (George Vokalek) (11/12/90)

I would appreciate the details of any reliable mail order places
in the USA.  Ones that are practised in processing  international orders would
be best.

The experience of buying my HP48SX and the PC interface here
in Australia has shown me that HP is being represented by
some damned unreliable agents.

Thanks,

 ..G..

prestonb@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Preston Brown) (11/13/90)

>I would appreciate the details of any reliable mail order places
>in the USA.  Ones that are practised in processing  international orders would
>be best.

Contact EduCALC at 1 800 677 7001 (customer support) or
1 800 633 2252 ext 359 for orders.

Add $22 for each item for shipping and they refund any cash excess, or bill
exact shipping charges to credit cards.

Preston

gvokalek@augean.ua.OZ.AU (George Vokalek) (11/13/90)

In article <25590074@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM>, prestonb@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Preston Brown) writes:
> Contact EduCALC at 1 800 677 7001 (customer support) or
> 1 800 633 2252 ext 359 for orders.
>
> Add $22 for each item for shipping and they refund any cash excess, or bill
> exact shipping charges to credit cards.

Thanks!  But, being in Australia, I cannot dial the 800 numbers.  Could
you provide an international phone number, and preferably a fax number?

I have posted this instead of mailing since there appear to be several
other people who want this information.

 ..G..

George Vokalek

frank@grep.co.uk (Frank Wales) (11/13/90)

 (Preston Brown) writes:
>>I would appreciate the details of any reliable mail order places
>>in the USA.  Ones that are practised in processing  international orders would
>>be best.
>
>Contact EduCALC at 1 800 677 7001 (customer support) or
>1 800 633 2252 ext 359 for orders.

International callers are usually denied access to 800 numbers; the
customer support number from outside the U.S. is +1-714-582-2637.
They will accept orders on this number, and take Amex, MasterCard and
Visa.  Call 8am..5pm Monday through Friday; EduCalc are eight hours behind
GMT.  And yes, EduCalc are reliable and competent at international ordering.
--
Frank Wales, Grep Limited,             [frank@grep.co.uk<->uunet!grep!frank]
Kirkfields Business Centre, Kirk Lane, LEEDS, UK, LS19 7LX. (+44) 532 500303

prestonb@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Preston Brown) (11/15/90)

Customer service: 714 582-2637, 8am to 5pm west coast time, Mon-Fri

Fax: 714 582-1445

Hope that helps.

Preston

grue@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Frobozz) (11/15/90)

frank@grep.co.uk (Frank Wales) writes:

>International callers are usually denied access to 800 numbers; the
>customer support number from outside the U.S. is +1-714-582-2637.
>They will accept orders on this number, and take Amex, MasterCard and
>Visa.  Call 8am..5pm Monday through Friday; EduCalc are eight hours behind
>GMT.  And yes, EduCalc are reliable and competent at international ordering.

If you don't like (or are not able) to dial direct to the US they also accept
orders from a third party.
i.e. Find a friend/somebody trustworthy in the US and get them to call
EduCalc giving your credit card number and your address and EduCalc
will mail whatever you wanted ordered direct to you.  Takes all the fuss
and bother out of dialing long sequences of digits.

							Pauli
seeya

Paul Dale               | Internet/CSnet:            grue@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au
Dept of Computer Science| Bitnet:       grue%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uunet.uu.net