[comp.sys.handhelds] Printing on the screen

mjducey@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Matthew J. Ducey) (11/16/90)

Let's hope this only goes out once!

I want to have notes on my HP (like everyone else), can I
have them print on the screen like the size of the path
or clock? (HP-48)  Is this possible?  Do tell.
Thanks
Matthew

--
 But I still like my ST...                            GEnie     M.DUCEY
 SOCEUR (A)                                         Bitnet    mjducey@suvm

edp@jareth.enet.dec.com (Eric Postpischil (Always mount a scratch monkey.)) (11/17/90)

In article <1990Nov16.141734.3831@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, mjducey@rodan.acs.syr.edu
(Matthew J. Ducey) writes:

>I want to have notes on my HP (like everyone else), can I
>have them print on the screen like the size of the path
>or clock?

Read the description of ->GROB on page 342 of your owner's manual.  You will
need to write a program that uses ->GROB for each line of text and then puts the
graphics objects together to fill the screen.

				-- edp

jthornto@fs1.ee.ubc.ca (THORNTON JOHAN A) (11/17/90)

In article <1990Nov16.141734.3831@rodan.acs.syr.edu> mjducey@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Matthew J. Ducey) writes:
>I want to have notes on my HP (like everyone else), can I
>have them print on the screen like the size of the path
>or clock? (HP-48)  Is this possible?  Do tell.

Try using \->GROB on a string.  You can specify which of the three font sizes
you want to use.  Of course, using the small font will give you problems:

 - Proportional spacing - not always desirable, especially if formatting
   in columns or vertical lists

 - Harder to read characters - especially greek or typographical ones

        _|  ___|    E l e c t r i c a l      |  Johan Thornton, Esq.