[comp.sys.handhelds] Navigation-hp48

d89-ahg@sm.luth.se (Anders Hedberg) (11/27/90)

(* Hope it works this time *)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.handhelds
Subject: Re: Handheld / Instrument IF?

tomm@hpspdra.HP.COM (Tom Menten) writes:

>I'm interested in the possibility of hooking up a calculator to
>to navigational equipment, such as a LORAN plotter, for data

Last summer I connected my hp48sx to a DANAPLUS wind and speed
meter, and watched it sending the speeds every second to the
screen with the help of a terminal program posted in this
newsgroup.
The speedmeter uses some sort of standardprotocoll for
nagvigational equipment, telling wich sort of instrument it is
and the data it measured. The trasmit speed is 4800 baud, my
hp had some problems catching and displaying it.
I also know that SILVA uses this protokoll for their compasses.
DANANAVIGATE & SILVA are from Denmark & Sweden.

Anders Hedberg d89-ahg@sm.luth.se