[comp.sys.handhelds] Xor_2Addr1Addr address request

cloos@acsu.buffalo.edu (James H. Cloos) (12/06/90)

Hello,

Over the weekend I decided to rewrite KCRC in true rpl (ie, using
Addr's rather than hex-strings, and rpl loops rather than usrlang
loops) but I was cut Addr by the fact that my lists of rpl routines
did not include either Xor_2Addr1Addr or, for that matter,
Start_1_to_n_1Addr (I used #1 Swap Start_n_to_m_2Addr1Addr instead).

Any help that can be lent in this matter is much appreciated.  I
expect that this version will be much quicker than even the 2nd
version (which i nturn was ~twice as fast as the userlang one).  The
speedup would be even more evident (for any version) if the routines
were compiled into a lib (via usrlib).

Also, for those interested in rplcomp, due to course & commute
constraints, it would appear that the beta version won't make it out
until at least our intercession, which suggests 1.Feb for the release.
Anyone interested in beta testing should drop me an email note
sometime before 20.Dec or between 3.Jan and 10.Jan.  (Everything here
will be closed between those dates, and there is the possibility of
the spool disk filling up & mail/news getting lost.)  Again, at this
point bison, flex, and an ANSI cc are required.

Machen Sie Spass!

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.		Phone:  +1 716 673-1250
cloos@ACSU.Buffalo.EDU		Snail:  PersonalZipCode:  14048-0772, USA

Jake-S@cup.portal.com (Jake G Schwartz) (12/07/90)

Jim, you mentioned that your list of internal RPL addresses did not include
XOR_2Addr1Addr. Well that's okay. How about sharing the ones you DO know
with the rest of us? I think there's a little clique here of folks "in the
know" and folks who aren't in the know, and those who discovered the
precious addresses are not apt to spend any time sharing their findings
here. Sounds a bit like the people at HP that you guys were complaining
about. How about someone posting the definitive list a la Eric Toonen's
list for the HP28 last year? We'll all benefit.

Thanks,

Jake Schwartz

akcs.dnickel@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Derek Scott Nickel) (12/08/90)

Jim,

The address I have is:

073D8 for 1 to TOS (1:System Binary)
07334 next (internal loop)

I'd post the whole damned list, but I can't afford the connect time.
Maybe I'll send a disk to Joseph Horn and let him put it on his next
EduCalc disk... hum...

        Derek S. Nickel

akcs.dnickel@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Derek Scott Nickel) (12/08/90)

Opps!  that last address should have been 073DB not 073D8, sorry!

        Derek S. Nickel

bgribble@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Bill Gribble) (12/08/90)

In article <275fceaf:1367.2comp.sys.handhelds;1@hpcvbbs.UUCP> akcs.dnickel@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Derek Scott Nickel) writes:

>The address I have is:
>
>073D8 for 1 to TOS (1:System Binary)
>07334 next (internal loop)

Just for information, what does "system binary" mean? is this what I and
  some others call a short integer (type 02911)?

And what did you mean by "next educalc disk?"  What are the educalc disks?

**   Bill Gribble                     Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA   **
**   bgribble@jarthur.claremont.edu   Never heard of it?  You're stupid.   **

akcs.joehorn@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Joseph K. Horn) (12/10/90)

Derek: Please do. The response to the EduCALC disk offer has been very
       good. It seems that there are a lot of folks who want HP48 stuff
       pre-digested and ready to use, and haven't the time or inclination
       to plow through daily downloads of incomprehensible bbs text.
       If you can, please use 3.5 or 5.25 inch, double or high density,
       IBM format disks.  If not, I can also transfer from Amiga 3.5,
       MacIntosh 3.5, Apple II 5.25, and TRSDOS 8-inch :-)

Bill: See HPCVBBS item #314 in the GENERAL conference for a complete
      description and sample directory of the first disk in what will
      hopefully become the HP48 equivalent of the Fred Fish disks for the
      Amiga.

--  Joseph K. Horn  --  (714) 858-0920  -- Peripheral Vision, Ltd.

cloos@acsu.buffalo.edu (James H. Cloos) (12/11/90)

In article <36637@cup.portal.com> Jake-S@cup.portal.com (Jake G Schwartz) writes:
|Jim, you mentioned that your list of internal RPL addresses did not include
|XOR_2Addr1Addr. Well that's okay. How about sharing the ones you DO know
|with the rest of us? I think there's a little clique here of folks "in the
|know" and folks who aren't in the know, and those who discovered the
|precious addresses are not apt to spend any time sharing their findings
|here. Sounds a bit like the people at HP that you guys were complaining
|about. How about someone posting the definitive list a la Eric Toonen's
|list for the HP28 last year? We'll all benefit.
|
|Thanks,
|
|Jake Schwartz

Nearly all of the addresses I do know came from either Jan (via sad's
stdsymbols and the article posted here (as I recall also by Jan) and
from Rick.  I am also working on the addresses for the routines called
directly by the usrlang commands, but that is not done yet.  I will
post my final .symbols file when it is done, though.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.		Phone:  +1 716 673-1250
cloos@ACSU.Buffalo.EDU		Snail:  PersonalZipCode:  14048-0772, USA
cloos@ub.UUCP			Quote:  <>

akcs.dnickel@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Derek Scott Nickel) (12/14/90)

Bill,

Yes, a System Binary is the same thing as a short integer.  System Binary
is the name that HP uses (its even in the message tables).

(try 283 DOERR)

        Derek S. Nickel