[comp.sys.handhelds] funny HP48 commands

jmorriso@ee.ubc.ca (John Paul Morrison) (12/22/90)

I may  have imagined seeing a reference to this command,
but then again maybe i didn't...

The command WSLOG on an hp48 returns 4 strings that are some kind of date
stamp. They change to show the current date/time if you take out your
equation card,
or put it back in.

Anyone know what this is for???

Anyone know why HP has made so many omissions in their documentation?
(Really: no docs for vectored enter, GROBs in menus, this WSLOG
stuff..)

Also, has anyone probed through the equation card libraries? There are
two libaries
mentioned  which have no menus associated with them. They sound like
they provide the
catalog/browser functions. Is there any way to use these functions?

jpser@cup.portal.com (John Paul Serafin) (12/23/90)

WSLOG is documented on pages 415-416 of the "HP48 Programmer's Reference
Manual" from HP and
pages 97, 133, & 183 of "The HP 48 Handbook" from James Donnelly.
WSLOG returns the date, time, and cause of the 4 most recent "warm start
events" e.g. modules pulled or installed, crashes, hardware timeouts, etc.

akcs.dnickel@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Derek Scott Nickel) (12/23/90)

John,

WSLOG is documented in 'HP 48 Programmer's Reference Manual', pp 415-416

        Derek S. Nickel

rob@ireta.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Prior) (12/23/90)

jpser@cup.portal.com (John Paul Serafin) writes:

> WSLOG is documented on pages 415-416 of the "HP48 Programmer's Reference
> Manual" from HP and
> pages 97, 133, & 183 of "The HP 48 Handbook" from James Donnelly.
> WSLOG returns the date, time, and cause of the 4 most recent "warm start
> events" e.g. modules pulled or installed, crashes, hardware timeouts, etc.

That's strange... My rev D only shows one date.  I have done numerous
[ON]-[SPC] combinations (to do garbage collections), and I have had my
equation library card in and out about a dozen times... Yet there is
still only _one_ entry in the WSLOG.  I had assumed that it required
some interesting event to create another entry.