[comp.sys.handhelds] Bug in SFD.EXE for CASIO SF-7500

anlyyao@cdp.UUCP (01/01/91)

The software (DOS) to transfer data from the CASIO SF-7500 to the
PC is quite akward to use but enough just to make backups.

But - if you try to transmit the whole content of the SF-7500 to a
PC you might be surprised to find out, that the data for SCHEDULE
will not have been stored completely in the PC although all of
them scrolled over the screen of the PC display.

Work around: don't use "3 ALL DATA ITEMS" in TRANSMIT. "2 MODE DATA ITEMS"
works fine.

My PC software for the SF-7500 is V 1.00. Anybody who knows about
an improved version?

best regards, Goetz

limhl@hpsgm2.sgp.hp.com (Hui Lin Lim) (01/04/91)

In comp.sys.handhelds, anlyyao@cdp.UUCP writes:

>   The software (DOS) to transfer data from the CASIO SF-7500 to the
>   PC is quite akward to use but enough just to make backups.

I'm using an SF-9000 instead.

>   But - if you try to transmit the whole content of the SF-7500 to a
>   PC you might be surprised to find out, that the data for SCHEDULE
>   will not have been stored completely in the PC although all of
>   them scrolled over the screen of the PC display.

Exactly the problem that I'm having.

>   Work around: don't use "3 ALL DATA ITEMS" in TRANSMIT. "2 MODE DATA ITEMS"
>   works fine.

Unfortunately not.  SFD prints "RECEIVE ERROR!" as soon as a term data
item is sent from the 9000 to the PC.  Am I correct in assuming that
SF-7x00/8x00 don't have term data items (schedule entries that span
several days)?  My diskette is marked "A01C" apart from a long string
beginning "MF2DD....."

>   My PC software for the SF-7500 is V 1.00. Anybody who knows about
>   an improved version?

I posted a note previously detailing the problems I've had trying to
purchase a copy of new software.  I understand that in the US the PC
Link is actually FA-120 whilst in the Asia Pacific it is the FA-100.
I can't imagine what the differences could be.  But the major problem
is that Casio does/will not sell software alone.  They can only
suggest that you buy the whole package again.

HuiLin Lim

whoffman@bertha.jpl.nasa.gov (Walt Hoffman) (01/05/91)

In article <140400004@cdp> anlyyao@cdp.UUCP writes:
>My PC software for the SF-7500 is V 1.00. Anybody who knows about
>an improved version?

Yes, my office mate got the PC-Link Version 2.01 for Christmas.  It seems
to work fine and uses pull-down menus.  It hasn't corrupted anything in the
PC or the CASIO B.O.S.S..

Walt Hoffman/JPL