[comp.sys.handhelds] Using a Wizard for data collection

a203@mindlink.UUCP (Norman Heu) (01/13/91)

> yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1991Jan11.144109.6838@macc.wisc.edu>
>
> Org.  : University of Wisconsin Academic Computing Center
> Person: Ross Yahnke, MACC
>
> I'm interested in hearing about anybody's experience in interfacing a
> Sharp Wizard hand-held to a pc...
>
> [bunch of interesting stuff deleted]
>
> Many thanks in advance! - Ross

[I'd thought some other Portfolio user would answer this, but since no one
did...]

The Portfolio would probably be a better choice than the Wizard for data
collection and merging with IBM PCs.  The Portfolio is somewhat IBM compatible
and contains a builtin Lotus compatible spreadsheet.  A card drive is available
for IBM desktop systems which would make the transfer of files as simple as
changing floppies.  As far as programming, patience level, non-intimidating etc
goes... one can make things quite painless and easy almost right out of the
box.
        -Norm
--

   //   Norman Heu