[net.micro] Under-$300 Assembler Computer

knudsen (05/11/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 gamma 4/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 gamma 4/7/83; site ihnss.UUCP
Date:Wed, 11-May-83 10:18:45 EDT
Organization:BTL Naperville, Il.

Since Richard Reidel posted his query about low-cost nome computers
for assembly-language graphics, the only responses visible from here
were three recommendations for the TRS Color Computer (including mine).
Guess that means something, Richard.  I have done a lot more assembly
work on my Coco in the last couple days and like it even more.
(I used to program 6502 on my KIM; not bad, but I'll take the 6809
any time, tho the 6502 can be faster in some tight loops.)

Nobody mentioned that the Coco is built fairly rugged compared to
Commodores and the early black/white (Z80) TRS-80s.  The power supply
is INSIDE the case, not an awkward wall-socket box.  And you really
can toucg-type on that keyboard.

Check out some magazine ads for software available & hardware additions
for any type computer you're considering.  In particular, don't judge
the Coco by what Radio Shack has for it in software (but some of the
peripherals are exciting--X-pad, printer-plotter, etc).
	mike k