[comp.sys.handhelds] Bags

frank@grep.co.uk (Frank Wales) (01/25/91)

In article <LBD0V2w163w@ireta.cynic.wimsey.bc.ca> rob@ireta.cynic.wimsey.bc.ca
 (Rob Prior) writes:
>Actually, I just found a quite nice replacement case for my 48sx.
>[talks about using a camera case for his 48]

I have to say that if you are concerned about the threat of theft,
it's not adviseable to put your machine in the kind of case whose usual
contents are expensive, easy-to-sell equipment like cameras.

A better choice is definitely some incongruously cheap and tatty bag as Ray
suggested, or inside some other larger bag, such as a backpack or a briefcase.
--
Frank Wales, Grep Limited,             [frank@grep.co.uk<->uunet!grep!frank]
Kirkfields Business Centre, Kirk Lane, LEEDS, UK, LS19 7LX. (+44) 532 500303

rob@ireta.cynic.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Prior) (01/28/91)

frank@grep.co.uk (Frank Wales) writes:

> I have to say that if you are concerned about the threat of theft,
> it's not adviseable to put your machine in the kind of case whose usual
> contents are expensive, easy-to-sell equipment like cameras.

1. I never let it out of my sight when it isn't secured somewhere.
2. Most people I associate with at the university (I said _MOST_ not all :)
   don't have time for photography anyways (hey, we _study_ here :).
3. Cameras aren't _that_ easy to sell here... For the most part, any new
   camera that would fit into the case I have would have to be pretty cheap
   or pretty useless...

> A better choice is definitely some incongruously cheap and tatty bag as Ray
> suggested, or inside some other larger bag, such as a backpack or a briefcase

Thanks, but I _like_ having a case that can help my sx sustain a fall from
the 4th floor of our residences to the (hard packed and frozen) ground below
with absolutely _no_ damage...