From: mental@bluemoon.uucp (Sean Kellner)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.hardware
Subject: Wierd Cable
Date: 31 Jan 91 21:26:17 GMT
Sender: bbs@bluemoon.uucp (BBS Login)

 I am trying to make a wierd cable and need some help as I have never done
this before, let alone blindly. I need to make a cable to go from my Amiga
500 to my HP48sx calculator. HP makes one, but the only way to get it in
Columbus is for around $60 with some IBM software that I couldn't use. Its
a basic serial connection except the HP only has four pins and I have no
idea on which is which. Does anyone know which pins from the Amy need to
be hooked up? On the HP, to test the wire port, pins 2 and 3 are shorted
and a button is pressed. I would assume that these are the data
send/recieve pins and it just checks if it gets what it recieves. Does
this sound correct.
   Thanks for any help
       Sean
            Mental@bluemoon.UUCP