[comp.sys.handhelds] About HP-28S

slassini@convex.cl.msu.edu (lassini stefano) (02/05/91)

c60c-3ia@web-4d.berkeley.edu writes:

>I am a new HP-28S user.  I have the following questions that I would like to
>ask:

>1)	I heard that there are two good books for "power users:" "customizing
>you HP-28" and "HP-28 insights".  My questions are: how to obtain these books?
>Are they substitutes or compliments of each other, and, if substitutes, which
>one is better, do they apply to HP-28C or HP-28S?
You may try a mail order firm called EduCALC:
their address is 27953 Cabot Road,
                 Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
                 1-800-677-7001.
I am not affiliated in any ay to EduCALC, but I'm always been satisfied
with their service. They stock almost everything for HP calculators.

>2)	I heard that improper use of syseval can result in serious system
>malfunction.  I am interested in knowing whether the damage caused by such
>malfunction could be irreversible and permanent, which would be highly
>undesirable.
I can't say anything positive about that, but in my opinion the worst
that you could possibly do with a syseval is to lose the calculator
memory... I don't see how you could possibly damage the hardware!
>3)	What are the bugs hidden in the ROM of a HP-28S?  I do not wish to
>be too surprised when they strike in the middle of a calculation.
I leave this to other netters... I own a 48sx-A and I have enough of the
bugs in it :)... [but thanks to HP i'm going to get an upgraded machine
soon!!!]

Stefano