[comp.sys.handhelds] HP48: ROM-Version # ?

oli@odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) (01/28/91)

Hi!
How do I get the Version# of my HP48-ROM ??
Tx, oli
Oliver Boehmer, Frankfurt, Germany    uucp:   oli@odbffm.incom.de
+49-69-331461 (voice) +49-60-308265 (data)
If God is perfect, why did He create discontinuous functions?
Oliver Boehmer, Frankfurt, Germany    uucp:   oli@odbffm.incom.de
+49-69-331461 (voice) +49-60-308265 (data)
If God is perfect, why did He create discontinuous functions?

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) (01/29/91)

O.K>, I 'll take this question out of the kindness of my heart.
To find outversion number of your HP-48:

Press ON and D at the same time, this puts you into self-test mode
Press the delete key, this puts you into memory-scanner mode
Press the EVAL key, thisgives you the ver. number.
Press ON and C at the same time, this kicks you out of mem-scanner.

Along the same thread:  Does anyone have a list of the bugs for the D
version?  I only know of one, you can't transmit 0 byte files (darn?!)
          ---Falco

TDSTRONG%MTUS5.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Tim Strong) (01/30/91)

>Along the same thread:  Does anyone have a list of the bugs for the D
>version?  I only know of one, you can't transmit 0 byte files (darn?!)
>          ---Falco

Try entering '(A,<B)'     The < is the angle symbol
with the variables and quotes.  The 48 gives back:

'B*cos(A)+B*sin(A)*i'

Ah well at least it does things right with numbers.

Incidentally I though the 0 byte file bug was fixed on the D's so that
trying to transfer one would not clear your memory as it did on the A's.

  ___
  :__)  _   _:  _   _   Tim Strong <tdstrong%mtus5.bitnet@cunyvm.edu>
  :  \ (_: (_: (_: :    Michigan Tech.    Houghton, Michigan

root@yclept.chi.il.us (Root) (02/05/91)

In article <27a4a193:1831.1comp.sys.handhelds;1@hpcvbbs.UUCP> akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) writes:
>O.K>, I 'll take this question out of the kindness of my heart.

	I have been attempting to locate a ROM level E machine at the
	neighbor-hood stores.  I am unable to write directly back to
	Falco.  Please, do not take this as a flame against Falco.
	It only shows my lack of understanding of the instructions.

>Press ON and D at the same time, this puts you into self-test mode
	What does the display show after doing this?

>Press the delete key, this puts you into memory-scanner mode
	What symbol is on the key?
	What does the display show after doing this?

>Press the EVAL key, thisgives you the ver. number.
	What does the display show after doing this?
	How do you interpert the display?

>Press ON and C at the same time, this kicks you out of mem-scanner.
	This is the only stage I am sure I got correct.

>          ---Falco

	Randolph J. Herber,
	@ home: {att|mcdchg|laidbak|obdient|uunet!tellab5|wheaton}!yclept!rjh,
		rjh@yclept.chi.il.us

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) (02/09/91)

No prob., Randolph, I didn't go into much detail because that was the
second or third posting on the same subject that I did on that day.  TO
go into further detail, which I can do since its Friday.

To get the version of your HP:
Press ON and D at the same time.
  This puts you into self-test mode
  whihc gives you a screen with 3 vertical lines, one on each end and one
in the center.
  Further info on Self-Test is found in the 2nd manual.
Press the delete key (the one with the drop and clear commands)
  This puts you into memory-scanner mode
  At the top is a 5 number binary which indicates where you are in the
memory, followed by a colon and the info stored beginning at that
address.  Further info on mem-scanner is found in several postings on
c.s.h. including Alonzo's Notes which I posted recently.
Now, press EVAL to get
Version HP48-X
Copyright..
whwre X is you rversion number (A-E)
And now, just press ON and C at the same time to return to normal
operations.

           -----Falco