[comp.sys.handhelds] nrts terminal program

am42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Alexander Paul Morris) (02/16/91)

I've had no problems hooking up nrts to a direct computer link with
mskermit.  I was able to type through with no problems.  But I can't
seem to get it to
work through a modem.  I've been told that it's because the HP has a
different char for enter  (I think it sends LF instead of CR).  But it
seems
like nrts converts it to a CR from what the doc's say.  Is this true?  And
if so, then what else could be the problem?  I do see the SD light going on
the modem, just nothing comes back.  (I don't even see the RD light
blink).  Or if enter is not converted by NRTS to be chr(13), then how
can I get the program to send that character instead of the current
enter char.  Thanks for any help you can give me!

    Alexander Morris                  "People die, things change...
    Carnegie Mellon                             It's sad."

heilpern@uu.psi.com (02/18/91)

>To: uupsi!gac.edu!handhelds
>From: Mark A. Heilpern <heilpern@ironics>

> I've had no problems hooking up nrts to a direct computer link with
> mskermit.  I was able to type through with no problems.  But I can't
> seem to get it to
> work through a modem.  I've been told that it's because the HP has a
> different char for enter  (I think it sends LF instead of CR).  But it
> seems
> like nrts converts it to a CR from what the doc's say.  Is this true?  And
> if so, then what else could be the problem?  I do see the SD light going on
> the modem, just nothing comes back.  (I don't even see the RD light
> blink).  Or if enter is not converted by NRTS to be chr(13), then how
> can I get the program to send that character instead of the current
> enter char.  Thanks for any help you can give me!
>
>     Alexander Morris                  "People die, things change...
>     Carnegie Mellon                             It's sad."

Try placing a null-modem connector on the line. I.e., swap pins 2 and 3,
which are your transmit and receive lines.

prince@pebbles.tcs.uh.edu (Pink) (02/20/91)

Take me off of this list!   There is not handhelds-request, nor is there a
listserv at gac, consequently I can't get off (of the list)....  I've got
news access on another machine, so it's pointless to waste bandwidth.