[comp.sys.handhelds] GATEWAY-48 code.

peraino@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Bob Peraino) (02/22/91)

>Subject: GATEWAY-48 codelock program
>From: Erik Bryntse <erikmb@etek.chalmers.se>
>
>After many months and hours of work on my codelock program
>GATEWAY-48, I have finally decided to post it. It is still not
>quite perfect (some problems have been reported when using control
>alarms)

     Uh.. I installed GATEWAY-48, and I'd say there's more than just
 SOME problems with alarms; Any alarms in general. If I set a non-
repeating message alarm, and then activate GATEWAY-48 (OFFC), when
the alarm comes due, the 48 turns on, displays the GATEWAY message,
and will proceed to sit there forever, with the busy annunciator on.
The alarm will NOT proceed until I type in my password. The same
for control alarms.

     Don't mean to knock GATEWAY too much; it's a nice piece of
work. BUT- I use alarms heavily, and it plain just doesn't seem to
work with them, so as much as I would like to use it, I guess I
can't. The 48 will turn on and stay on seemingly forever waiting
for the password. Am I doing something wrong?

peraino@gmuvax.gmu.edu
peraino@gmuvax