[comp.sys.handhelds] Cable less S/W

jpser@cup.portal.com (John Paul Serafin) (02/20/91)

Andrew
zimmer@calvin.stanford.edu writes:
>distance phone call.  For the $30, you get a cable to DB-9 and a DB-9
>to DB-25.  That converter costs about $7-8 just by itself.
I bought the cable sans SW from EduCalc several months ago. (It is an
HP part and has been listed with the other accessories on a slip of paper
that comes with the calculator).  Elek-Tek does not carry it.
There was NO db-9 to db-25 adapter.   Has this changed?
John Serafin         | Operating a bicycle is more like driving than riding,
jpser@cup.portal.com | operating an auto is more like riding than driving.

conte@crest.crhc.uiuc.edu (Tom Conte) (02/22/91)

In article <39438@cup.portal.com>, jpser@cup.portal.com (John Paul Serafin) writes:
> Andrew
> zimmer@calvin.stanford.edu writes:
> >distance phone call.  For the $30, you get a cable to DB-9 and a DB-9
> >to DB-25.  That converter costs about $7-8 just by itself.
> I bought the cable sans SW from EduCalc several months ago. (It is an
> HP part and has been listed with the other accessories on a slip of paper
> that comes with the calculator).  Elek-Tek does not carry it.
> There was NO db-9 to db-25 adapter.   Has this changed?
>
> John Serafin         | Operating a bicycle is more like driving than riding,
> jpser@cup.portal.com | operating an auto is more like riding than driving.

Something even more curious aparently has happened.  I stopped by the
UI bookstore and discovered that the IBM cable-only packages had been
recalled by HP to `be replaced by another product.'  Now, I'm wondering
if this means (1) the first cables were defective [hard to believe] or
(2) the newer package will include the DB9-to-DB25 converter [hopefully].

Um, would it be outside corporate policy for someone at HP to comment?

------
Tom Conte	  Center for Reliable and High-Performance Computing
 conte@uiuc.edu   University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
  Vote for comp.sys.handhelds.non-hp.whiners