[comp.sys.handhelds] hp48 ROM revisions: READ THIS AND QUIT COMPLAINING

peraino@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Bob Peraino) (02/23/91)

>From: kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman)
>
>In article <3532@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> peraino@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Bob Peraino) writes:
>>Once you saw the sheet, you had every opportunity to return the merchandise.
>
>Maybe where you brought yours, but Elec-tec has a no-return policy.
>
>Michael

     Then I would suggest not purchasing anything from them. That's crazy.
I'm not going to pay $250 for something without that type of minimal sales
support. I stand by what I said.

peraino@gmuvax.gmu.edu
peraino@gmuvax

TNA32@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU (FRINGE) (02/24/91)

MY college bookstore DOES NOT take returns on calculators unless defective.
Seeing a bug sheet doesn't mean the calculator is defective.  One of the
primary things that brought my purchase to the 48 rather than the 28 was
its ability to handle complex numbers more efficiently.  A model machines
didn't apply the law of cosines appropriately, rendering these functions
useless.  I couldn't really say my calculator was defective....the sheet
made it clear that they were ALL like that.

I'm NOT complaining, merely stating what I see as reasonable.  You're doing
the same...stating your views. So, "READ THIS AND QUIT COMPLAINING!"