[comp.sys.handhelds] Using the Sharp OZ8000 in terminal mode

trevorc@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/23/91)

I wonder if anyone here has experience with the Sharp OZ8000 in
terminal mode?  I am able to make a connection to the mainframe but
the script file set up in the dialing directory does not seem to
function.  That is not the major concern, however.  I am able to
download files satisfactorily but am unable to upload as it seems
impossible to simulate the ^D needed to signify the EOF.  The
manual does refer to using the symbol ^ followed by a C to produce a
Ctrl-C but this does not seem to work - each character, the ^ and the
C, are sent separately and the ^ certainly does not modify the C!
Does anyone have more technical information than is contained in
the manual?
--

Trevor Cradduck,                |  Phone: (519) 667-6574
Department of Nuclear Medicine, |  FAX: (519) 667-6734

kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) (02/24/91)

Please do not post this stuff on our newsgroup.  This is for discussion of
HP48 and HP28 handhelds only.    ;-)

Michael

--
Michael Kaufman | I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on
 kaufman        | fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in

bdahlen@zephyr.cair.du.edu (Robert L. Dahlen - U. of Denver USA=) (02/26/91)

In article <16872@accuvax.nwu.edu> kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) writes:
>Please do not post this stuff on our newsgroup.  This is for discussion of
>HP48 and HP28 handhelds only.    ;-)

Frankly, I'm amazed anyone has the guts to post a non-hp question, it's
nearly impossible for a person who is not interested in HP stuff to stay
on this group since the HP traffic is so voluminous.
Robert L. Dahlen - Director, Information Systems & Technology
University of Denver - Denver, Colorado 80208 (303) 871-4385
INTERNET:bdahlen@du.edu                      BITNET:bdahlen@ducair