[comp.sys.handhelds] Help with ->ASC

fledley@condor.mbir.bcm.tmc.edu (Fred Ledley) (03/11/91)

Help!

I just received my new interface cable, and I am trying to download
ASC->.  Could somebody tell me why the SETUP program keeps telling
me "Invalid String"?  I _have_ removed all the linefeeds and such
from the strings, but it still wont accept them.  I have tried this with
ASC-> from two different sites now tith the same result.

ARRRGGGH!

------------------------+----------------------------+-------------------------
      ___               | R. Mark Adams              | On cars:  "...if such a
     /  /               | Baylor College of Medicine |thing did exist, it would
    /  /_____  ______   | Department of Cell Biology |certainly be called an
   /   __   / / __  /   |                            |'isomobile' or an
  /  /  /  / / /_/ /    | fledley@mbir.bcm.tmc.edu   |'autokinesin'.  Never mix
 /__/  /__/ /  ___/     |                            |Greek and Latin."
           /  /         |  "Molecular Biologist in   |
          /__/          |         Training..."       |  -Goethe
------------------------+----------------------------+-------------------------

conte@crest.crhc.uiuc.edu (Tom Conte) (03/11/91)

In article <4589@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>, fledley@condor.mbir.bcm.tmc.edu (Fred Ledley) writes:
> Help!
>
> I just received my new interface cable, and I am trying to download
> ASC->.  Could somebody tell me why the SETUP program keeps telling
> me "Invalid String"?  I _have_ removed all the linefeeds and such
> from the strings, but it still wont accept them.  I have tried this with
> ASC-> from two different sites now tith the same result.

Don't remove the line feeds, ASC\-> expects them.

------
Tom Conte	  Center for Reliable and High-Performance Computing
 conte@uiuc.edu   University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois

Dan_Ciarniello@cc.sfu.ca (03/12/91)

R. Mark Adams writes:

> Help!

> I just received my new interface cable, and I am trying to download
> ASC->.  Could somebody tell me why the SETUP program keeps telling
> me "Invalid String"?  I _have_ removed all the linefeeds and such
> from the strings, but it still wont accept them.  I have tried this with
> ASC-> from two different sites now tith the same result.

> ARRRGGGH!

Don't remove the line feeds from the strings; ASC-> expects them.

Dan Ciarniello
Capilano College
North Vancouver, B. C.

F=ma, but you can't push a rope.