[comp.sys.handhelds] Voyager V1.0-7

akcs.dnickel@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Derek S. Nickel) (02/24/91)

HP 48SX

I have a limited number of Voyager V1.0-7 on 3.5" IBM HD disks available.
Note that the memory dump is not included, but instructions on creating
your own are included.  Source code IS included.

(Voyager is an interactive tool for examining the contents of the HP
48SX's operating system).

If you want a copy, send e-mail or post a reply with your US mail
address.

        Derek S. Nickel

frechett@spot.Colorado.EDU (-=Runaway Daemon=-) (02/24/91)

In article <27c6d6ec:2181comp.sys.handhelds@hpcvbbs.UUCP> akcs.dnickel@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Derek S. Nickel) writes:

>If you want a copy, send e-mail or post a reply with your US mail
>address.
>
>        Derek S. Nickel

A few comments..
1. I would like a copy of Voyager 1.0-7   but
2. I haven't found an email route to hpcvbbs that works, (anyone?) and
3. Getting onto hpcvbbs has been a pain lately.. I will check in a minute.
4. Why can't anyone upload this thing to the net.. I have been putting off
asking for a copy hoping someone would post the source... I promise that if
I get a copy I will upload and post the damn thing.  ;)

Let me run off and see if I can get my address to you on hpcvbbs.

	ian

--
-=Runway Daemon=-

wscott@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Wayne H Scott) (02/25/91)

In article <39562@cup.portal.com> Jake-S@cup.portal.com (Jake G Schwartz) writes:
>Just wanted to throw in my two cents about Derek's fine work here - I think
>one main reason why it isn't up here on the net is that it is several hundred
>kilobytes long. Perhaps a place like Wayne's Mail Server would make more
>sense...
>
>Jake Schwartz

I have a spot prepared for it if someone wants to mail it to me...
Wayne Scott             |  INTERNET: wscott@ecn.purdue.edu
Electrical Engineering  |  BITNET:   wscott%ecn.purdue.edu@purccvm
Purdue University       |  UUCP:     purdue, pur-ee}!ecn.purdue.edu!wscott

akcs.dnickel@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Derek S. Nickel) (02/26/91)

Yikes!

REQUEST Error:
Too Many Arguments

I've received too many requests for Voyager V1.0-7 !!! No more please!!!
If Wayne Scott will e-mail me his US mail address I will send him a copy
for his mail server.

        Derek S. Nickel

ervin@pinbot.enet.dec.com (Joseph James Ervin) (03/12/91)

Derek,

I just wanted to compliment you on your work with
VOYAGER.  I abandoned my effort to port it to VMS when I
realized that there was a better solution.

I discovered that we (Digital Equipment Corp) have a software package
called SOFTPC (was VAXPC) which will allow your VAX to emulate a
PC/AT environment, with 80286 emulation and EGA graphics support.
I was able to run the self extracting archive on the first try, and
Voyager has been running fine.  Took a long time to transfer the
dump file from calculator (gads!), but so far I have been very
impressed with VOYAGER.

It makes it almost trivial to answer a vast array of the questions
regarding just what the calculator is doing.  In particular, I can
now make more sense out of what the comments in you
internal list mean because I can easily see _exactly_ what
the code is doing.  Nice!

>>>Joe Ervin

P.S.  Any chance we might see some STAR mnemonics in the future?