[comp.sys.handhelds] comp.sys.handhelds.rpl

kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) (03/09/91)

This is the first really intelligent choice for a split that I have read, and
the first one that I definatly would vote yes to.

Michael

--
Michael Kaufman | I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on
 kaufman        | fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in

grue@cs.uq.oz.au (Frobozz) (03/12/91)

In <1991Mar9.072250.29718@eecs.nwu.edu> kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) writes:

>This is the first really intelligent choice for a split that I have read, and
>the first one that I definatly would vote yes to.

What about all the poor HP28 users who don't want to suffer all of the HP48
internal information?  If I was a HP28 user, I would be rather upset about
having to read the 48 volume.

As a user of both the 28 and the 48, I wouldn't mind both groups of users
being put into a single news group.  I can accept the fact that the 28
users will be swamped by the 48 volume.  I am not going to vote in
favour of ANY split that places a minority group (like the 28) in with
the 48.

        						Pauli
seeya

Paul Dale               | Internet/CSnet:            grue@cs.uq.oz.au
Dept of Computer Science| Bitnet:       grue%cs.uq.oz.au@uunet.uu.net
Uni of Qld              | JANET:           grue%cs.uq.oz.au@uk.ac.ukc
Australia, 4072         | EAN:                          grue@cs.uq.oz
f4e6g4Qh4++             | JUNET:                     grue@cs.uq.oz.au
--

kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) (03/12/91)

In article <80@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> grue@cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>What about all the poor HP28 users who don't want to suffer all of the HP48
>internal information?  If I was a HP28 user, I would be rather upset about
>having to read the 48 volume.

I would put these two together because many of the programs/issues for one
will run/apply on/to the other. I figured if they were split, there would be a
tons of crossposts, so that it made sense to put them together.

Michael