[comp.sys.handhelds] Derek Nickel's Voyager V1.0-7

akcs.dnickel@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Derek S. Nickel) (03/01/91)

Joe,

The VSRC7.EXE file is a PKZIP self-extracting file (for DOS).  If you
have VAXpc on your VAXstation (what!? no VAXstation?!)  you should be
able to explode the archive and then EXPORT them with PCDISK utility.

VAX/VMS is my computer of choice, however, all I have at home is an IBM
PS/2 55SX.  Voyager is written in Microsoft C V6.0 with some DOS
extentions (mostly for file handling).  If you run Voyager, you will see
that it has a very DCL-like interface.

        Derek S. NIckel

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) (03/04/91)

To the 48 users,
 This really pissed me off, and it is aperfect example of you selfish,
obnoxious, unthinking and callous HP user nerds.  I use a Casio
fxtzqrstvqyu-123456667890gt and I d/l the whole Voyager program, not
knowing that it was for the HP-48 and IBM's.  I thought it was a
star-gazing program for Casio calculators.  After all , you could have at
least mentioned int eh subject that it was for 48's.
This is the final thread (ha, ha, get it?).  I declare that we should
split the 48's off of the comp.sys. conference right now, before it's too
late.
    An irate Casio user,
       --Falco

P.S.:  BTW, before any Casio users think that they have found a kindred
spirit, I was kidding.

ryee@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Roger A. Yee) (03/05/91)

Hello,

Now that we have the disassembler (unthreader) how about some kind
soul uploading star1.04.  I have tried to uncompress and untar the
file at home on my PC without success.  I can uncompress the file
fine but it will not untar.  i am using tar -xovf star104.tar ,
then it says skipping to the next header, but nothing gets extracted.

Could someone who has this could they .arc or .zip the file and
post it to wuarchive or somewhere, or better yet uuencode it and
post it here so everyone can have a chance to see it.

Thanks in advance,

Roger Yee

ryee@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu
yee@rcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu

akcs.scotty@hpcvbbs.UUCP (SCOTTY THOMPSON) (03/11/91)

I, too, would really like to get a working copy of Star.  If someone
wants to send it to me, I'll pay for postage/handling/costs and even ZIP
it and send it on it's merry way to User.Programs.

Also, to the person who was B'tching about downloading Voyager (thinking
it was a star gazer program for the Casio)--T.S.  Albeit this conference
is for ya'll without HP's, the dominant factor is HP here, buddy, and
probably 'til NOT then will HPCVS break it down.  Many of the software
and postings on this board don't specify which calc/comp it's for, but I
would hint that most is for the HP's.

The moral?  Simple.  Don't get pissed at DSN because YOU thought that
Voyager was a star gazer.  If you didn't have your head in the clouds,
anyway, and read the postings, you would have known that us HP "nerds"
are very greatful to Derrick for his time and effort in getting us
something to help break out of the RPL world.

Just a thought...Scott.

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) (03/11/91)

Scott,
 Amazing, this either means that there are actually people who are stupid
enough to do what I what I was pretending to do, or that Scotty just has
a really low opinion of the non-Hp users, or Scotty is simply very
gullible.  I think that the first reason is the best reasoning.  The
message was a joke, Scotty, I own a HP, and I didn't really think that
Voyager was a star-gaszing program.
       ---Falco

frechett@spot.Colorado.EDU (-=Runaway Daemon=-) (03/11/91)

In article <27da69af:2221.5comp.sys.handhelds;1@hpcvbbs.UUCP> akcs.scotty@hpcvbbs.UUCP (SCOTTY THOMPSON) writes:
>Also, to the person who was B'tching about downloading Voyager (thinking
[...]
>Just a thought...Scott.

Scott.. read that post again... It was a joke and clearly stated that.  When
you rant and rave about something like this, it puts us hp48sx users in a bad
light.  Be careful where you stomp.  ;)

	ian

-=Runaway Daemon=-

peraino@gmuvax.gmu.edu (03/13/91)

>Also, to the person who was B'tching about downloading Voyager (thinking
>it was a star gazer program for the Casio)--T.S.
.
.
>The moral?  Simple.  Don't get pissed at DSN because YOU thought that
>Voyager was a star gazer.  If you didn't have your head in the clouds,
>anyway, and read the postings, you would have known that us HP "nerds"
>are very greatful to Derrick for his time and effort in getting us
>something to help break out of the RPL world.

     Get with the program pal; the posting was clearly marked as a joke.
Why don't you get YOUR head out of the clouds, and re-read the posting.
And this time, use your eyeballs.