[comp.sys.handhelds] Where can I get Portfolio stuff?

b3300876@rick.cs.ubc.ca (george chow) (03/10/91)

Hello. After reading thru all the `call-for' articles, isn't it nice to
have something different? :)

Anyways, I have a question about stuff for the Portfolio. I'm thinking of
getting one. (There's a clearance on right now locally and one can be had
for about $169.) But before I get one, I would like to know where I can get
stuff for it. You know, thinks like games, comm pgm, and so forth. I've seen
in the past a few posting by Portfolio owners. Most of them seem to have
Compu$erve accounts. I don't have one and don't intend to get one. Is there
any ftp or mail-server out there that carry Portfolio files? Any replies
or hints would be welcome.

George

ardai@bass.bu.edu (Michael Ardai) (03/10/91)

In article <1991Mar9.202354.25306@rick.cs.ubc.ca> b3300876@rick.cs.ubc.ca (george chow) writes:
[Looking for Pofo stuff]
try terminator.cc.umich.edu in atari/portfolio or somesuch directory
/mike
--
\|/ Michael L. Ardai     ardai@bu-pub.bu.edu   ...!sun!teda!ardai (preferred)
--- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

bdahlen@zephyr.cair.du.edu (Robert L. Dahlen - U. of Denver USA=) (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar9.202354.25306@rick.cs.ubc.ca> b3300876@rick.cs.ubc.ca (george chow) writes:
>Anyways, I have a question about stuff for the Portfolio. I'm thinking of
>getting one. (There's a clearance on right now locally and one can be had
>for about $169.) But before I get one, I would like to know where I can get
>stuff for it. You know, thinks like games, comm pgm, and so forth. I've seen
>in the past a few posting by Portfolio owners. Most of them seem to have
>Compu$erve accounts. I don't have one and don't intend to get one. Is there
>any ftp or mail-server out there that carry Portfolio files? Any replies

I'm sure you know this, but the reason for the clearance is that there is
a new version of the Portfolio, you might want to take a look at it too.

Atari maintains a BBS at 408-745-5308.  Compuserve is a pile of Sh*t, but
it does have much more software on it.
Robert L. Dahlen - Director, Information Systems & Technology
University of Denver - Denver, Colorado 80208 (303) 871-4385
INTERNET:bdahlen@du.edu                      BITNET:bdahlen@ducair

ardai@bass.bu.edu (Michael Ardai) (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar12.231850.6381@mercury.cair.du.edu> bdahlen@zephyr.cair.du.edu (Robert L. Dahlen - U. of Denver USA=) writes:
-I'm sure you know this, but the reason for the clearance is that there is
-a new version of the Portfolio, you might want to take a look at it too.

Could you fill us in about it?
/mike
--

streeter@theory.lcs.mit.edu (Kenneth B. Streeter) (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar12.231850.6381@mercury.cair.du.edu> bdahlen@zephyr.cair.du.edu (Robert L. Dahlen - U. of Denver USA=) writes:

>I'm sure you know this, but the reason for the clearance is that there is
>a new version of the Portfolio, you might want to take a look at it too.

How does the new version of the Portfolio differ from the current one?
Is it going to be about the same price?  Tell us more!

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | ARPA: streeter@im.lcs.mit.edu
MIT LCS, Room NE43-350      | UUCP: ...!uunet!im.lcs.mit.edu!streeter