[comp.sys.handhelds] New HP48SX ROM version?

ls0@engr.uark.edu (LI SHENG) (03/05/91)

Hi:
     I have just got a copy of demo version PDL(Program Development Link)
program.  Among the files came with it, there is a HP48SX library file
called PDLXFER.LIB(in binary format).  I found that the header for this
file is :

                    HPHP48-F.......
                           ^There is a F.

Is this mean that the F version ROM already existed?  Just curious.

Li Sheng

frechett@spot.Colorado.EDU (-=Runaway Daemon=-) (03/06/91)

In article <6079@uafhp.uark.edu> ls0@engr.uark.edu (LI SHENG) writes:
>                    HPHP48-F.......
>                           ^There is a F.
>Is this mean that the F version ROM already existed?  Just curious.
Ah ha.. it comes out.. Yes, there is indeed a version F and if any of your have
been calling HP about the upgrade, I believe that they have been saying that
you might not get a version E when they send the calc back to you.  The F is
already here.  But HP is trying to get rid of all of their version E's.  The
person who told me about the F said something along the lines of, this is going
to give all those people who flamed HP about the whole ROM upgrade thing in the
first place, a heartattack.  ;) From what I hear, there are some design changes
this time.  This is third hand but I have heard that F is going to have an EQ
writer that is 2X+ faster than anything before it. I don't know any other
details.  Happy bashing. ;)

	ian

-=Runaway Daemon=-

akcs.kevin@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Kevin Jessup) (03/08/91)

I guess I sent my rev A in for upgrade a tad too early!
I still like my rev E though.  The equation writer is so painfully
slow that I never use it.

(.5)(painfully_slow) = still_painfully_slow

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) (03/10/91)

Ha! HA! Ha!  I knew it, I knew HP would come out with a new version
again.  Of course, I haven't sent in my D version yet, and you know, I
think in about a month or so, after all the impationet people have gotten
all the E versions, I 'll have the sudden need to do those polar things,
and I will have to get a F.  (Of course, the G will come out, a week
after I get my F, with a color 3-dimensional hologram display)
      ---Falco

peraino@gmuvax.gmu.edu (03/13/91)

>Ha! HA! Ha!  I knew it, I knew HP would come out with a new version
>again.  Of course, I haven't sent in my D version yet, and you know, I
>think in about a month or so, after all the impationet people have gotten
>all the E versions, I 'll have the sudden need to do those polar things,
>and I will have to get a F.  (Of course, the G will come out, a week
>after I get my F, with a color 3-dimensional hologram display)
>      ---Falco

God, you people are wierd. Do any of you really DO anything with the
machine?

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) (03/14/91)

>God, you people are wierd. Do any of you really DO anything with the
> machine?

Yeah!  We play TETRIS~!!!
or better yet, we post it and it fails to work!!!
At least it works for some people and for me, but not for other people!!!
And I can't take it anymore!!!
HELP!!!
   --Falco
P.S>:  well, that felt good.