[comp.sys.handhelds] How to load tetris2 HP48!!!!!!

CW%APG.PH.UCL.AC.UK@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU (03/14/91)

          Howdy,

             Just a quicky for those having problems.

     Edit the tetris2 file and remove the carriage returns that were
     introdued into the larger grobs. You should I hope then have no problem
     downloading.

                     Conrad

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) (03/15/91)

I don't think that's it, becasue there weren't any carriage returns.
Actually, I thought of that as a problem, but then discarded it because
I've been posting those GROB's w/o carriage returns and it's been working
all the time. I never even checked it actually, so that could have been
it.  Well, no matter, check the posting where I ASC'd them.
     ---Falco
.'

ervin@pinbot.enet.dec.com (Joseph James Ervin) (03/16/91)

>I don't think that's it, becasue there weren't any carriage returns.
>Actually, I thought of that as a problem, but then discarded it because
>I've been posting those GROB's w/o carriage returns and it's been working
>all the time. I never even checked it actually, so that could have been
>it.  Well, no matter, check the posting where I ASC'd them.
>     ---Falco
>.'

Andrey,

I have had to remove line feeds from the PIC1 PIC2 GROBs for every
post of TETRIS that I have ever copied.  I suspect that they are
being inserted by the news software either at your end or at the
receiving end.  No matter, if they're present, remove them. If not
then don't worry about it.  :-)

Regarding posting TETRIS in ASC, I see your point.  Doubling the size
of the file via ASC is undesireable.  Still, anyone downloading TETRIS
obviously has a PC of sorts, and therefore should be able to make room
for TETRIS if they need to while they download the ASC string.  Given the
difficulties that people have been having with TETRIS2, it may be worth
considering.

By the way, I may have come across a little strong in my last post
about the TETRIS2 update.  It was not my intent to flame, but to
express my desire to eliminate the current fiasco involved with the
distribution of  software with long GROBs, machine language, and
stripped routines.  ASC is not an elegant solution, but it is certainly
a simple one.

I haven't tried downloading the update yet, but I suspect TETRIS2.1
will be a real winner!

>>>Joe

cloos@acsu.buffalo.edu (James H. Cloos) (03/16/91)

The copy of the Tetris2 article that made it to buffalo had returns after
every so many characters in the GROB's.  I had assumed that you put them
in, but obviously either hpcvbbs or some site between here and there is
doing it to you. ;^)

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.		Phone:  +1 716 673-1250
cloos@ACSU.Buffalo.EDU		Snail:  PersonalZipCode:  14048-0772, USA

stur0832@mstr.hgc.edu (douglas sturim) (03/16/91)

In article <4812B13DA0000B1E@gacvx2.gac.edu> CW%APG.PH.UCL.AC.UK@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU writes:

>          Howdy,
>
>             Just a quicky for those having problems.
>
>     Edit the tetris2 file and remove the carriage returns that were
>     introdued into the larger grobs. You should I hope then have no problem
>     downloading.
>
>                     Conrad

I did this and its still does not download!

Doug Sturim

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) (03/17/91)

Check out my Friday posting of Tetris
  --Falco