[net.micro] BSR System X-10 Interface Questions

pnovak@ihuxm.UUCP (05/27/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site harpo.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 5/26/83; site ihuxm.UUCP
Date:Fri, 27-May-83 10:13:17 EDT
Organization:BTL Naperville, Il.

I am considering buying a BSR System X-10 to turn appliances and lights
on and off in my house.  However, the controller is not sufficiently
programmable for my needs.  Example: I want to be able to program
weekdays differently than weekends.  The BSR Controller allows you
to program only one day.  I'd like to dedicate an inexpensive home
computer, Sinclair/Timex preferred, to handle the programming/controlling.
Has anyone seen any articles on such an interface?
I'm no hardware person, and unless someone else has written
down exactly what has to be done, I'm not going to attempt it.

Paul Novak  ihuxm!pnovak

HFISCHER%usc-eclb@sri-unix.UUCP (06/08/83)

Reportedly, Genesis Computer Corp of Bethlehem, PA offers a VIC BSR
controller for $59.95.
-------