[comp.sys.handhelds] copying pgm stored in a variable

akcs.hankg@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Henry Grenier) (03/24/91)

Is it possible to copy a program that is stored in a variable, so that
changes can be made and the program restored in a new variable?

An example would be the programs on pages 532 and 533 in volume 2 of the
owner's manual.

Thanks,
Henry Grenier

edp@jareth.enet.dec.com (Always mount a scratch monkey.) (03/25/91)

In article <27ec07e5:2513comp.sys.handhelds@hpcvbbs.UUCP>,
akcs.hankg@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Henry Grenier) writes...

>Is it possible to copy a program that is stored in a variable, so that
>changes can be made and the program restored in a new variable?

I will assume you are asking in regard to the HP-48.  To get a copy of a
variable's contents, simply type 'name' RCL, or just press right-shift and the
variable's menu key.  This works no matter what type of object is contained
in the variable.

Then use EDIT to edit the copy.  Press ENTER when you are done editing.  Type
'newname' STO to put the modified program in a new variable.

				-- edp (Eric Postpischil)
				"Always mount a scratch monkey."
				edp@jareth.enet.dec.com

michaelv@iastate.edu (Vanloon Michael Lee) (03/25/91)

In <27ec07e5:2513comp.sys.handhelds@hpcvbbs.UUCP> akcs.hankg@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Henry Grenier) writes:
>Is it possible to copy a program that is stored in a variable, so that
>changes can be made and the program restored in a new variable?

Sure.  Just recall the program by pressing blue-shift and the button that
corresponds to the program in the var menu.  Then simply type in a new variable
name and press store.  Now you can do anything you want to the new var you just
created.

michaelv@iastate.edu