[comp.sys.handhelds] Psion machines and Echo

Gary_Francis@f170.n771.z3.fidonet.org (Gary Francis) (03/21/91)

FSC-Control: EID:09c5 167541bc
FSC-Control: MSGID: 3:771/180 27e8cec7
I'm sorry if this message is in the wrong place, but here goes.

I'm running a BBS in New Zealand and am Machine code programing the Psion
machines.

I would like to either start a few conversation with other Psion users who
may be listening or get some sort of link established so that I can pick up
or start a Psion only echo or similar.

My system currently has about 6 megs of shareware for the Psion machines,
but sadly lacks a strong messaging area.

Any takers ?

Gary Francis

--- QM v1.00
 * Origin: **** THE CROSS **** (058) 72069 (3:771/180.0)
SEEN-BY: 771/110 170 180
FSC-Control: PATH: 771/180 110

anthony@convex.csd.uwm.edu (Anthony J Stieber) (03/22/91)

I'm the moderator of the Psion Mailing List.  The list is about a month
old now and has about 20 subscribers.  I know of a few Psion BBSs, one
in the US, and some in Europe.  Already some Usenet newsgroups are
gatewayed with Fidonet echos, so far I haven't had the time to look
into it much further.  However, I think now I'll make the time, in the
short term I can add you to the mailing list, if you wish.  It would be
really nice of all the Psion BBSs and this Internet mailing list could
be gatewayed.  In addition to the mailing list, there is also an
archive of Psion related material, including about 500K of software.  I
would be very interested in an exchange.
--
<-:(= Anthony Stieber anthony@csd4.csd.uwm.edu   uwm!uwmcsd4!anthony

akcs.tonyu@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Tony Okafor) (03/26/91)

i have a psion organiser II model lz 64. I bought about two
months ago. I will be interested in knowing how to use it capabilties
together my hp48sx. I will apreciate my help or suggestions as to
getting materials or software for engineering, scientific or what
have you.
Thanks

anthony@convex.csd.uwm.edu (Anthony J Stieber) (03/26/91)

In article <27ee776f:2499.2comp.sys.handhelds;1@hpcvbbs.UUCP> akcs.tonyu@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Tony Okafor) writes:
>i have a psion organiser II model lz 64. I bought about two
>months ago. I will be interested in knowing how to use it capabilties
>together my hp48sx. I will apreciate my help or suggestions as to
>getting materials or software for engineering, scientific or what
>have you.
>Thanks

I'm the moderator of the Psion mailing list, would you like to subscribe?

If you have the Psion Comms Link, you should be able to do ASCII
transfers between the two machines.  Unfortunatly, I don't know of an
xmodem for the HP-48sx, or a kermit for the Psion, so transfering
binary files will be pretty messy.  There is an snap on IR unit
available for Psion Organisers from Extech, it might be compatible with
what the HP has.  Psion sells a Maths Pak and a Formulator Pak, I don't
really know what these do however.  The free software that I know in
the areas you're interested in includes some astronmy specific
applications, more trig functions, and metric conversion.

Why exactly do you have both machines?  They seem to overlap a lot.
--
<-:(= Anthony Stieber	anthony@csd4.csd.uwm.edu   uwm!uwmcsd4!anthony