[comp.sys.handhelds] posting a program

ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar) (03/25/91)

I am about to post a little demo for the hp48sx and I was
wondering:  in what format should I post it?

asc'ed and uuencoded?
compressed?
just asc'ed?

If anyone can tell me, I would really appreciate it!
--
Sean Ahern ----------- Purdue University --------- ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu
Dan Quayle: "Japan is an important ally of ours.  Japan and the United States

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) (03/26/91)

Oh Oh, here's comes the arguments!!  I would post it in ASC format, since
almost everyone has ASC and if they don't, they usually post a message to
that effect and someone mails it to them.  ON the other hand, uuencode,
although it does have its advantages is not that widespread. The best
choice is to post it in ASC form and in uuencode form.  Along this same
note, does ASC need to be posted again?
    --Falco

asslk@acad2.alaska.edu. (Kingry Shane L) (03/26/91)

In article <8676@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar) writes...
>I am about to post a little demo for the hp48sx and I was
>wondering:  in what format should I post it?
>
>asc'ed and uuencoded?
>compressed?
>just asc'ed?
>
>If anyone can tell me, I would really appreciate it!
>--

ASC'ed - unless of course, you tell me how to unencode it <grin>

BTW:  I mean, unpack (uncompress)

231b3618@fergvax.unl.edu (Ben Hollingsworth) (03/28/91)

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) writes:

>Oh Oh, here's comes the arguments!!  I would post it in ASC format, since
>almost everyone has ASC and if they don't, they usually post a message to
>that effect and someone mails it to them.  ON the other hand, uuencode,
>although it does have its advantages is not that widespread. The best
>choice is to post it in ASC form and in uuencode form.  Along this same
>note, does ASC need to be posted again?
>    --Falco

YES!  ASC does need to be posted again!

(or mailed to 231b3618@fergvax.unl.edu)