[comp.sys.handhelds] Non HP RAM Cards for the HP48SX

woan@nowhere (Ronald S Woan) (03/26/91)

I just got my 48SX and after reviewing numerous back messages
regarding typewriter RAM cards, I am still looking for definitive
answers. Are there good alternatives to the high priced HP RAM cards
that don't require forcing them into the case or hardware
modifications? If so, can you list the manufacturers and model
numbers...

PS Anyone have a spare RAM card for sale?

+ Ronald S. Woan                woan@cactus.org or woan@austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

dave@bgtys6.uucp (Dave Hubert) (03/26/91)

In article <3692@d75.UUCP> woan@nowhere (Ronald S Woan) writes:
>I just got my 48SX and after reviewing numerous back messages
>regarding typewriter RAM cards, I am still looking for definitive
>answers. Are there good alternatives to the high priced HP RAM cards
>that don't require forcing them into the case or hardware
>modifications? If so, can you list the manufacturers and model
>numbers...
>
>PS Anyone have a spare RAM card for sale?

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I didn't have any problem putting
in my Smith Corona 32K card in my HP48sx.  Part #S75531, and costs about $32
Cdn. Beats the !#$% out of the similar HP ram card that retails here for about
$100.  Still is the best calc around though.

Look up Smith Corona in the yellow pages under typewriter repairs.
Ask to try one out first before buying.

I have pulled my cards out several times now and the calc & cards still keep
on ticking.

-Dave.

tpv@cbnewsd.att.com (timothy.p.villa) (03/28/91)

> I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I didn't have any problem putting
> in my Smith Corona 32K card in my HP48sx.  Part #S75531, and costs about $32
> Cdn. Beats the !#$% out of the similar HP ram card that retails here for about
> $100.  Still is the best calc around though.
>
> Look up Smith Corona in the yellow pages under typewriter repairs.
> Ask to try one out first before buying.
>
> I have pulled my cards out several times now and the calc & cards still keep
> on ticking.
>
> -Dave.

Checkout Montgomery Wards.  They have the 32K mem cards for the Smith
Corona for $29.95, same card as listed above #S75531. I spotted it
by accident.

Tim.

akcs.brentlz@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Brent Ellzey) (03/29/91)

How about $19.93 for the Smith Corona 32k ram card, part #S75531.  Try
BIZmart, I saw that price and simply couldn't resist temptation :-)

brentLZ