[comp.sys.handhelds] posting a program HP48

jurjen@cwi.nl (Jurjen NE Bos) (03/26/91)

ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar) writes:

>I am about to post a little demo for the hp48sx and I was
>wondering:  in what format should I post it?

- The preferred format is
ASCII format, translate mode 3.  This can be typed in by people with no cable.

If you post a directory with a huge graphic in it, use the following trick:
Old format:
	name
	GROB 50 50 <lots of text>
Use instead:
	name
	\<< "GROB 50 50 "
	"<first block of 64 chars" +
	"<second block>" +
	"<last block>" + OBJ\-> 'name' DUP STO \>>
This trick also works with other objects that don't fit on a line.
This way, the object becomes "auto-converting", and the user will only see a
short delay the first time the object is used.

- If this is impossible, because you use machine code or so, use ASC format.

- Third, if the ASC file is bigger than 15K or so, it is useful to send it in
both ASC and uuencode format, so that people with 32K RAM and a uudecode can
also download it.

If everybody would do this, we'd serve as much people as possible!

| Jurjen N.E. Bos | If a 8088 is a 16-bits processor, my calculator is a  |
|  jurjen@cwi.nl  | 64-bit computer system!                               |

akcs.falco@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Andrey Dolgachev) (03/30/91)

ASC will be posted along with my new Tetris.  Just drumming up
expectations for 3.0, guys!
     ---Falco