[comp.sys.handhelds] STAR via U.S. Mail

bson@rice-chex.ai.mit.edu (Jan Brittenson) (02/17/91)

In a posting of [15 Feb 91 21:40:05 GMT]
   akcs.dpenn@hpcvbbs.UUCP (David Michael Pennington) writes:

 > If we every can get a working copy of the STAR assembler, the software
 > would speed up immensely.  Write me at...

 > Mike Pennington
 > E. Parkway S.   Box 72
 > Memphis, TN 38104

Is acquiring STAR a problem for others than Mike?

Would you (the reader) be willing to pay:

   ( )  $15 for a PC floppy distribution of STAR?

   ( )  $30; same as above, but with a comprehensive, both
        printed and on-line, manual?

   Check as applicable to you (either or both), then either send your
reply by e-mail to me - bson@ai.mit.edu - or leave me a personal
message on HP's BBS - my ID is "akcs.bson" there. You can also fax me
at 617.258.6287.

Any suggestions, ideas, demands?

   Naturally, this is only a general probe; replying is not considered
an agreement of any kind.

						-- Jan Brittenson
						   bson@ai.mit.edu

akcs.jwtrav@hpcvbbs.UUCP (John Wettroth) (03/31/91)

Back to the A/D thread.  I am selling a low cost IR interfaced A/D
through edu-calc.  the resolution is 8 bits (.4%) which is better than
most strip charts, peak reading rate is 100 samples per second.  The unit
also can control digital stuff with 4 half-amp digital outs and 4
ttl/cmos digital inputs.  a counter and pwm input/output are also
provided.  power is from a 9v battery and sleep type modes are provided
for long term data logging.  price from edu-calc is 199.95, check it out.