[comp.sys.handhelds] HP48sx:Bug in chip8 when using Libraries?

d89-mlt@sm.luth.se (Morgan Lindqvist) (04/03/91)

Hello world

I have big problems in using CHIP8 games when i have
any library(s) stored in port 0.

The screen rotates 1.2 cm for EVERY library that I
store. I find this very strange and annoying.

I have a Ver A but a friend of mine have a Ver D and
he has the same problem.

The Libraries that i stores are:

     1644:SWING by LennartB
     997:Swedish Messages by LennartB
     766:EPPRT       (This is made by HP)

I hope someone can give me a solution.

Morgan Lindqvist d89-mlt@sm.luth.se

lennartb@lne.kth.se (Lennart Brjeson @ KTH, Stockholm) (04/04/91)

In article <1518@tau.sm.luth.se>, d89-mlt@sm.luth.se (Morgan Lindqvist) writes:

>Hello world
>
>I have big problems in using CHIP8 games when i have
>any library(s) stored in port 0.
>
>The screen rotates 1.2 cm for EVERY library that I
>store. I find this very strange and annoying.
>
>I have a Ver A but a friend of mine have a Ver D and
>he has the same problem.
>
>The Libraries that i stores are:
>
>     1644:SWING by LennartB
>     997:Swedish Messages by LennartB
>     766:EPPRT       (This is made by HP)
>
>I hope someone can give me a solution.

You are probably using an elder version of Chip8 than I do.
Mine is 2.25 and I have no problems (HP48-A, too). I have
sent a copy of Chip8 V2.25 to you by Email.

>Morgan Lindqvist d89-mlt@sm.luth.se

!++
! Lennart Boerjeson, System Manager
! School of Electrical Engineering
! Royal Institute of Technology
! S-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
! tel: int+46-8-7907814
! Internet: lennartb@lne.kth.se
!--

steve@gumby.Altos.COM (Steve Scherf) (04/05/91)

In article <1518@tau.sm.luth.se> d89-mlt@sm.luth.se (Morgan Lindqvist) writes:
>I hope someone can give me a solution.
>Morgan Lindqvist d89-mlt@sm.luth.se

You don't get an answer until I get an answer for my chip 48 question! I asked
first, and I'm still waiting!

--
Steve Scherf
steve@Altos.COM    ...!{sun|sco|pyramid|amdahl|uunet}!altos!steve

These opinions are solely mine, but others may share them if they like.