[comp.sys.handhelds] IR-remote control for the 28s?

vkemp@niksula.hut.fi (Vesa KEMPpainen) (04/06/91)

I have been useing my hp28s as a remote controller with my TV. It worked
fine, but I got a Memory Lost! and I cant find the code anywhere.

Could someone PLEASE tell me where I could find all the stuff (RC5, HEXIFY...)
needed to build the program or perhaps send it to me directly.

Thanks

vkemp@niksula.hut.fi
--
vkemp@niksula.hut.fi
Vesa Kemppainen

rob@ireta.cynic.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Prior) (04/08/91)

vkemp@niksula.hut.fi (Vesa KEMPpainen) writes:

> I have been useing my hp28s as a remote controller with my TV. It worked
> fine, but I got a Memory Lost! and I cant find the code anywhere.

In the same vein, has anyone ported the code to a 48sx yet?  Could
someone tell me where to find it if it has?

Thanks in advance,

+------------
+------------------------------------------------------------

cloos@acsu.buffalo.edu (James H. Cloos) (04/08/91)

In article <ZX12Z1w163w@ireta.cynic.wimsey.bc.ca> rob@ireta.cynic.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Prior) writes:
>vkemp@niksula.hut.fi (Vesa KEMPpainen) writes:
>
>> I have been useing my hp28s as a remote controller with my TV. It worked
>> fine, but I got a Memory Lost! and I cant find the code anywhere.
>
>In the same vein, has anyone ported the code to a 48sx yet?  Could
>someone tell me where to find it if it has?
>
>Thanks in advance,

I've wanted this, too, for a long while.  The assembly src as found in the
i/r remote article (as archived) should assemble w/o problems in star.  All
that is needed is the address of the hardware register to write to to
toggle the i/r led on and off.  (Oh, just remembered, a small bit of
tinkering will be needed to cover the change in clock rates, should be
somewhat trivial, I'd assume.)  All of the other subroutines called by that
CODE object are docuemnted by us c.s.hh readers already.

It would, of course, take a bit more work to combine it with Jan's i/r
input reader, but at least we could get the ball rolling with that one
address.....  (hint, hint, hint)

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.		Phone:  +1 716 673-1250
cloos@ACSU.Buffalo.EDU		Snail:  PersonalZipCode:  14048-0772, USA