navis@enel.UCalgary.CA (Henry Navis) (01/11/90)

help

CRAZYLEE@VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU (Lee Hart) (03/17/90)

Help
Acknowledge-To: <CRAZYLEE@VTVM1>

Ken_Blackney@DUPR.OCS.DREXEL.EDU (Ken Blackney, Drexel Univ. Computing Svcs.) (03/21/90)

HELP

gt3398b@prism.gatech.EDU (DELANO,ANDREW DOUGLAS) (04/09/90)

Last week, my car got broken into.  All my info  from comp.sys.handhelds
was on several diskettes,  and they were stolen.  I got most of it from
ftp, but I'm still missing a lot.  I'm in calculus V , so anybody with
matrix progams for the 28 or 48, I would appreciate it greatly if you
would post them.  Also, this is my first message on comp.sys.handhelds,
so it would really help me if someone would post a message for me (anything)
so I know i'm getting through.  I haven't had much time to play with my
48sx, but I've had a 28s for 2 years, so it won't be long (as soon as I
get my rs232 plug (i'm lazy) before I start posting my own programs).
Thanks again to everybody out there who has been posting all these
great programs, I've really gotten a lot of use from them.
											                 bye

--
DELANO,ANDREW DOUGLAS
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt3398b

akcs.heilpern@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Mark A. Heilpern) (11/17/90)

HELP!!!!!
I wanted to do a little hacking, with the library Dr. Wickes posted
recently. (Love the HYDE section, didn't think computers could do
drugs!) Anyway, before starting this, like a good little hacker, I
archived my memory with the procedure on page 34 of Jim Donnelly's book.
(:IO:name ARCHIVE)

As luck would have it, in attempting to generate different types of
errors, I caused a system reset. When asked if I want to restore memory,
I replied yes. And, nothing was restored.

So, now I've got an empty calculator. No problem, I made an archive,
right?

I tried to restore, according to JD, to no avail. The procedure is as
follows:
1) xfer the file to the '48 just as any other file.
2) place file name on stack, and RCL. This SHOULD place
Backup HOMEDIR
on the stack.
3) execute RESTORE.

When I perform step 2, rather then getting 'Backup HOMEDIR' on the
stack, I get a string, which appears as "HPHP48-Ab+`<xxHOM...
(where < is the angle sign, and x's are block chars.)
I can't edit this, because the string contains null chars. I get this
string weather I download in ascii or binary. (Yes, I am setting the
appropriate file type in C-Kermit.)

Any suggestions/ideas? I'm desperate. Email may (or may not) reach me
at "heilpern@ironics.com", which is really a uucp connection, which
should route to uunet!uupsi!heilpern.

Please reply soon!    PS, I've got the sparcom EE Aplications pak on
back order, and will post a review of it once I've had time to play.

Mark A. Heilpern

salvato@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Vincent H. Salvato) (04/05/91)

     I was wondering if there was a way to interrupt the Server Command
from inside a program.  I am writting a program that will wait for
something to be received, and after it is received on the calculator I
want the Server Command to stop.  The only key I know of to stop the
Server Command is the ATTN key.  But I was not abble to use it in my
program.  If anyone has an idea please Email me.

                         -Vince
                          salvato@enuxha.eas.asu.edu

edp@jareth.enet.dec.com (Always mount a scratch monkey.) (04/05/91)

In article <9104041707.AA02888@enuxha.eas.asu.edu>, salvato@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU
(Vincent H. Salvato) writes...

>     I was wondering if there was a way to interrupt the Server Command
>from inside a program.

Nothing after SERVER in your program is evaluated until after the SERVER
completes, so there is no way for you to write anything to interrupt server
mode.  You can terminate server mode from the other end of the connection by
executing a FINISH command.

If you want to use a program to receive a file, I suggest using RECV.

				-- edp (Eric Postpischil)
				"Always mount a scratch monkey."
				edp@jareth.enet.dec.com

mike@drd.com (Mike Rovak) (04/06/91)

In article <9104041707.AA02888@enuxha.eas.asu.edu> salvato@enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Vincent H. Salvato) writes:

>     I was wondering if there was a way to interrupt the Server Command
>from inside a program.  I am writting a program that will wait for
>something to be received, and after it is received on the calculator I
>want the Server Command to stop.  The only key I know of to stop the
>Server Command is the ATTN key.  But I was not abble to use it in my
>program.  If anyone has an idea please Email me.
>
>                         -Vince
>                          salvato@enuxha.eas.asu.edu

You can terminate the server mode by transmitting the kermit FINISH
command to the calculator.

Disclaimer: My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.
"Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
     mike@DRD.Com
     uunet!apctrc!drd!mike

tedb@hpcvra.cv.hp.com. (Ted Beers) (04/06/91)

/ hpcvra.cv.hp.com:comp.sys.handhelds / salvato@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Vincent H. Salvato) /  9:07 am  Apr  4, 1991 /

> I was wondering if there was a way to interrupt the Server Command
> from inside a program.  I am writting a program that will wait for

Try 0 DOERR; this is the programmable version of [ATTN].

Ted W. Beers
Hewlett-Packard

rrd@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Ray Depew) (04/08/91)

     >I was wondering if there was a way to interrupt the Server Command
>from inside a program.  I am writting a program that will wait for
>something to be received, and after it is received on the calculator I
>want the Server Command to stop.  The only key I know of to stop the
>Server Command is the ATTN key.  But I was not abble to use it in my
>program.  If anyone has an idea please Email me.
>
                         >-Vince

Hi Vince,

Try using 0 DOERR in your program.  This is the programmable equivalent
of ATTN.

Or you could have your remote Kermit send a "Finish" packet to the 48 to
tell it to exit Server mode.

Regards
Ray Depew
IC's by Bill and Dave