[comp.sys.handhelds] Question about MailServ

dan@nic.gac.edu (Dan Boehlke) (04/15/91)

> Well I subscribed to the mailserv for handhelds, but I
> didn't want all this stuff, so I unsubscribed and it is
> STILL sending... I have Unsubscribed twice and the thing
> keeps sending me the stuff, so does anyone know a
> solution?

> Aghh I'm getting flooded!

Well, I checked the mailing list and you were registered as
"bobdobbs%oak.decnet@pine.circa.ufl.edu".  Your return address on the
above message was "bobdobbs@oak.circa.ufl.edu".  It sounds like
either the system administrators at your site changed the mailer
configuration, or you are trying to use a different machine to sign
off the list than you used to sign on.  Judging by the names in the
two messages, it looks like your machine became better connected to
the internet in the time between your sign on and your attempted sign
off.  I have removed your name from the handhelds mailing list.

--
Dan Boehlke                    Internet:  dan@gac.edu
Campus Network Manager         BITNET:    dan@gacvax1.bitnet

bobdobbs@oak.circa.ufl.edu (Amiga Dude) (04/15/91)

Well I subscribed to the mailserv for handhelds, but I didn't want all this
stuff, so I unsubscribed and it is STILL sending... I have Unsubscribed twice
and the thing keeps sending me the stuff, so does anyone know a solution ?

Aghh I'm getting flooded!

TDSTRONG%MTUS5.cts.mtu.edu@VM1.NoDak.EDU (Tim Strong) (04/15/91)

You probably send your unsubcribe command straight to the same place
you usually post.  That will not work it just sends thousands of copies of
your desire to leave to various annoyed people on the list.  There should
be a similarly named address where such commands are sent.  For example
I'm signed on through handhelds@gac.edu and I think commands like UNSUB
go to handhelds-request@gac.edu or something like that.