	Uses manuals.

	Must sell, $160.00/obo

	Please Call:

			Scott Hutchinson
			(703) 471-9402
			(703) 644-4880 (home)

ASA101@psuvm.psu.edu (03/08/90)

Reply To: DBH106@psuvm

Shall we start a new group called comp.sys.handhelds.forsale?
I think we need to.  It will certainly get a lot of traffic in the coming
months!

Dan Harter
DBH106@psuvm.psu.edu

apuzzo@boulder.Colorado.EDU (APUZZO ALFONSO A) (07/26/90)

                HP-28s Scientific Calculator For Sale

The following items are in excellent condition:

	HP-28s, new batteries, PIG, BAG, FAST, OFF
	other nice programs in RAM, original
	packaging and manuals......................$150.00

	Brown genuine HP leather case..............$ 15.00

	"Customize your HP-28" book, details
        SYSEVAL and machine language programming
	for the 28.................................$ 15.00

	"HP-28s Software Power Tools: Electrical
	Circuits" execellent book with many EE
	programs...................................$ 15.00

	"The HP-28 Pocket Book" quick reference
        fits inside leather case...................$  5.00 with calculator

	200k of programs/information from HP-28
	ftp sites, laser-printed (unbound)......... free with calculator

Over $350.00 retail value, will sell package for $180.00, buyer pays shipping

                                        apuzzo@tramp.colorado.EDU
                                        Tony Apuzzo
                                        (303)469-6085 hm (after 7:30pm MDT)
                                        (303)939-4036 wk
*
* Be a non-conformist like me and don't use a .sig at all.
*

mcousek@felix.UUCP (Charles Mcousek) (10/04/90)

HP-28S for sale !
Used less than an hour, everything in perfect condition, included box,
both manuals, etc.

$115 or best offer !

Charles Mcousek
mcousek @felix.UUCP
phone: (714) 966-3220 or (714) 495-8829

nelson@ (Matt Nelson) (10/04/90)

i have the following items for sale:

	HP28s calculator (2BB) (about 2yr old, but in excellent shape)
        HP padded leather case for above (complete w/ my name in it)
	the two spiral bound manuals (of course)
	"The HP-28 Pocket Book" by James Donnelly (fits in case w/ the 28)
	"Customize Your HP-28" by W.A.C Mier-Jedrzejowicz
	"HP-28 Insights" by William C. Wickes
	"Probability and Statistics" HP-28s/c solutions book, by HP
	"Vectors and Matrices" HP-28s/c solutions book, by HP
	"Mathematical Applications" HP-28s solutions book, by HP

to save me the endless hassel of finding boxes/packing material and going
to the post office every other day, i would REALLY prefer to sell this
stuff as a package deal. if you figure $90 for the calculator, and consider
the books cost about $45-$50, the case $20, you come up with $160 for the
whole shot.  i am, however, a wheeler-and-dealer, so make me an offer.  i
am really just looking for some pocket change to help offset the cost of my
new 48sx 128K RAM card. lets talk.

					Matt Nelson
					Physics Deptartment
					University of California
					Irvine, CA 92717

					nelson@psroot.ps.uci.edu
					(714) 725-2629    (work)
					(714) 856-3476    (home)

jdutka@wpi.WPI.EDU (John Dutka) (12/14/90)

For sale:
One HP-28S programmable calculator complete with manuals.
Like new!
All offers considered.

PLEASE DO NOT POST OFFERS IN THIS NEWS GROUP!

E-Mail all offers!

| husc6!m2c!wpi!jdutka | "Hey, baby - wanna do some HEAT TRANSFER?           |
| jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu   |  Heh, heh, heh!"                                    |
| John Dutka, Jr.      |     -Mechanical Engineers On The Prowl              |

umapd51@cc.ic.ac.uk (W.A.C. Mier-Jedrzejowicz) (12/19/90)

John Dutka writes PLEASE DO NOT POST OFFERS IN THIS NEWS GROUP!

We have had the same discussion here a few months ago! Some readers feel
that posting any offers for sale in this group is wrong - but the
majority of those who expressed an opinion seemed to think that such
messages are acceptable here so long as they do not take up too much of
the traffic/bandwidth. The argument is that the alternative would be to
post such messages in the general for sale areas - and handhelds are
still sufficiently different from laptops/desktops that many users of
handhelds do not read other areas. So, the occasional for sale/wanted
message of an HP-28, a Portfolio, an AgendA (or a Jaguar? ;-) ) in this
area is acceptable, and even provides readers with an approximate guide
to the going prices for secondhand handhelds.

Or has the majority opinion changed since the last time this topic was
aired? For myself, I would prefer to see the occasional for sale/ wanted
message here.

Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz, Space & Atmospheric Physics, Imperial College,
London.

khbsnsr@nmt.edu (Kenneth Brunell) (12/20/90)

In article <1990Dec19.042455.26155@cc.ic.ac.uk> umapd51@cc.ic.ac.uk (W.A.C. Mier-Jedrzejowicz) writes:
>John Dutka writes PLEASE DO NOT POST OFFERS IN THIS NEWS GROUP!
>
>We have had the same discussion here a few months ago! Some readers feel
[. . .]
>Or has the majority opinion changed since the last time this topic was
>aired? For myself, I would prefer to see the occasional for sale/ wanted
>message here.
>
>Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz, Space & Atmospheric Physics, Imperial College,
>London.

I have no problem with the for sale messages, this news group is the place
that someone who would want to buy one would most likely be.  Plus it is
sort of a nice barometer.

|  _   ,                __                     _  _  |  "It's green . . ."    |
| ' ) /                /  )                   // //  |       Mr. Scott        |
|  /-<   _  ____      /--<  __  . . ____  _  // //   |                        |
| /   ) </_/ / <_    /___/_/ (_(_/_/ / <_</_</_</_   |   Loooove that .sig    |
|          <khbsnsr@jupiter.nmt.edu>                 |                        |

veit@du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de (du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de) (12/20/90)

$AY=4hu: veit@du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de

>In article <1990Dec19.042455.26155@cc.ic.ac.uk> umapd51@cc.ic.ac.uk (W.A.C. Mier-Jedrzejowicz) writes:
>>John Dutka writes PLEASE DO NOT POST OFFERS IN THIS NEWS GROUP!
>>
>>We have had the same discussion here a few months ago! Some readers feel
>[. . .]
>>Or has the majority opinion changed since the last time this topic was
>>aired? For myself, I would prefer to see the occasional for sale/ wanted
>>message here.
>>
>>Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz, Space & Atmospheric Physics, Imperial College,
>>London.

>I have no problem with the for sale messages, this news group is the place
>that someone who would want to buy one would most likely be.  Plus it is
>sort of a nice barometer.

IMHO this mailing list should not be filled up with sale messages.
Since these messages are interesting for a very limited region of this
world (Dou you want to buy a calculator from Australia, if you live in,
let's say, New York?), and this mailing list is global, this message is
junk for most of the readers (can and will be ignored like the various
UNSUBSCRIBE HANDHELDS postings). People who want to sell something are
better putting their things into a group like misc.forsale(.computers)
or a local usenet group for this purposes.
I dont think that same messages are a barometer for anything. You won't
hear anything of people who are happy with their calculators, and those who
sell theirs have different reasons for this (such contrary as not being
lucky with it or even upgrading to a better one). Thus selling a HP-anything
is just selling a HP-anything, and not an indicator that HP-anythings are
not worth their money.

Regards,

Holger Veit
|__|  /  University of Duisburg  | BITNET: veit%du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de@UNIDO
|  | /   Fac. of Electr. Eng.    | UUCP:   ...!uunet!unido!unidui!hl351ge
|  |/    Dept. f. Dataprocessing |

jpser@cup.portal.com (John Paul Serafin) (12/21/90)

I have been reading this group since April.   I think that the volume of
"for sale" articles has been very low, with a possible exception of all
the HP 28s for sale in the spring.   Even that didn't amount to very
many messages.   The geographic distribution of commodity items can
and should be limited.   However, HP-41s, HP-71s, HP-110s, and HP-75s
will undoubtedly retain value for roles they uniquely fill for a long
time.   The vast superiority of HPIL can not be disputed by anyone who
has given proper consideration to the comparison of it and rs-232.
Unfortunately, like the QWERTY keyboard (which was specifically designed
to slow typists down) rs-232 has won.  This net is one of the best sources
of available HPIL equipment.   I consider myself very fortunate to have
obtained an HP3421 data aquisition unit through the net.   I would hate to
miss out on rare oportunities like that if ads are banned.
John Serafin
jpser@cup.portal.com

akcs.dmork@hpcvbbs.UUCP (David Mork) (12/23/90)

I agree with having the prices/for sale/wanted items posted.  One gauge
that I see a lot of fellow Engineering students using is the prices
Educalc sells used calculators for, $89.95 for a 28S, $79.75 for a
41CV, both with 6 month warranties.

login@cbnewsd.att.com (h.reza.zarafshar) (12/31/90)

I have an HP-28s that is about 1.5 years that has been infrequently
used.  The calculator and the manuals are in very good shape.

Please make me an offer via e-mail or phone:

att!iexist!reza
H. Reza Zarafshar,
AT&T-BL,
(708)979-8855, (work)
(708)208-9045  (home)

rp0o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Rahul K. Parekh) (01/15/91)

     I have a friend who is interested in buying your calculator.  Send
back your phone number, and a time to call.

simmons@csc32.enet.dec.com (Kevin Simmons) (04/12/91)

For Sale-
HP-28S v.2bb S/N-2901A83801
Includes original box and manuals.
Also included are the books: "HP-28 Insights" by William Wickes and
			     "Customizing your HP-28S/C"
The calculator is loaded with a very handy hierarchial(sp) operating system that
manages my directory/menu structure.

Best offer gets it all.
Kevin Simmons
719-592-4773 8-5 M-F MDT
719-594-6912 All other

#	Kevin Simmons KF0JX                                                    #
#	!decwrl!csc32.dec.com!simmons                                          #
# MY OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. THEY DO NOT REPRESENT DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION  #

jdutka@wpi.WPI.EDU (John Dutka) (04/18/91)

For Sale:
One HP-28S calculator - just about two years old.  Owners manual only.
Asking $130 or best offer.

One HP-82240B IR thermal printer for the above calculator, with AC
Adapter and 3 rolls of paper.  Asking $130 or best offer.

Or, $220 will take them both!

E-Mail me all responses.